[TUC SPOILERS] Tidbits from Wert

• 7 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« on: May 02, 2017, 10:11:52 pm »
Wert shared the following tidbits from reading the e-ARC:

Yes, I have read the ending. No, I won't tell you what happens. Well, only that if Bakker never writes the final series, there may be riots. Very small riots, but riots nonetheless. Also, pretty sure I have no idea whatsoever what the final duology will be called.

And then this (includes a WoT spoiler):
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:51:40 pm by profgrape »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 01:19:51 am »
Here is a video to describe my feelings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0eoI5c9R34

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 10:51:41 am »
Hmm, very interesting. I was rather split on how much closure we'd get in TUC, but this nudges me toward the "less than I was hoping for" arena, though it really depends on the details. For me its more a thing of getting big questions answered -- which clearly we will -- though I wonder if I'm expecting too much from what is, really, the mid-point of the series. I would imagine (hope) that, closure-wise, we get something at least on par with TTT: satisfying character arc conclusions, but with the over-arcing narrative remaining unrealized (kinda has to be, otherwise there'd be no point in a third series).

Dovetailing that with the spolier quote:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:55:12 am by FB »

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 02:38:01 pm »
Another tidbit from Wert:

The Unholy Consult opens with a Black Sabbath quote, which is oddly appropriate.

Something from War Pigs is my best guess.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »
Wert modified some of the entries on PON wiki based on the Encyclopedic Glossary II (Spoilers for the Glossary):

- Gates of Earwa
- Siol
- Mansion
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 07:14:32 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 06:46:59 pm »
North of the Sea of Cerish is... a lot farther north than where I thought the Gates of Earwa were. I always assumed Emwama to be a Kian type desert people, rather than ranging in the far north.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 07:07:50 pm »
North of the Sea of Cerish is... a lot farther north than where I thought the Gates of Earwa were. I always assumed Emwama to be a Kian type desert people, rather than ranging in the far north.

Well, the 5 tribes likely had different ranges, but maybe this comes from the fact of the sort of "last known" Emwama are to the south and it's alluded that they might still have contact Jekhia (IIRC).

Since we know where Siƶl is/was, we know that the Braking of the Gates must have happened that far north.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 07:22:42 pm »
Not that it matters, but it also likely means that they can over in late spring to summer timeframe. I dont imagine they would have forded the passes in the winter. it makes sense that this was the case though since they settled more in the north initially. This gave them more time to develop, as well as more contact with Nonmen in general - the further south the less both both.
One of the other conditions of possibility.