nin'janjin

• 20 Replies

incuroi

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:37:33 am »
Anybody else glad that nin'janjin got his revenge at the end and that cujara got 'shafted' so to speak. Like honestly Cujara is kind of the architect of his own race's demise.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:19:28 pm »
Anybody else glad that nin'janjin got his revenge at the end and that cujara got 'shafted' so to speak. Like honestly Cujara is kind of the architect of his own race's demise.

I'm not sure I'm glad, but both Cû’jara-Cinmoi and Nin’janjin both behaved pretty shortsightedly, both pre-Pir-Pahal and post.

I'm not sure either really got "what they deserved" as such, but Cû’jara-Cinmoi is definitely eminently responsible for the Inchoroi even having a chance of defeating the Nonmen.  In the end though, it's a story of really all-too-human hubris though.  Which is part of the sort of parable that the Nonmen (and Inchoroi) are, as examples of the dangers of Post-Humanism.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 02:06:04 pm »
Which is part of the sort of parable that the Nonmen (and Inchoroi) are, as examples of the dangers of Post-Humanism.
The path is so narrow.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 02:42:44 pm »
Which is part of the sort of parable that the Nonmen (and Inchoroi) are, as examples of the dangers of Post-Humanism.
The path is so narrow.

Not to mention, I just watched Arrival with my wife over the weekend.  I think it's pretty safe to say that if there was actually an Arkfall on Earth, what would happen wouldn't be far from what happened on Earwa.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »
I'm really hoping that Nin'Janjin shows up in TUC, even if he's completely in the midst of the Dolour and spends all his time staring at the Inverse Fire. 

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 06:14:46 pm »
I'm really hoping that Nin'Janjin shows up in TUC, even if he's completely in the midst of the Dolour and spends all his time staring at the Inverse Fire.

Especially if the idea that the Inverse Fire might keep the Nonmen somewhat intact.  I'm not sure I buy that, but it would be neat for sure.  I mean, if Nil'Giccas can be alive in the wild, I don't see why Nin'Janjin couldn't be.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 06:20:07 pm »
Especially if the idea that the Inverse Fire might keep the Nonmen somewhat intact.  I'm not sure I buy that, but it would be neat for sure.  I mean, if Nil'Giccas can be alive in the wild, I don't see why Nin'Janjin couldn't be.

I've got a whole theory on that.  Will post to a new thread.  :-)

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 06:21:35 pm »

I knew someone did, but I couldn't recall who...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 07:37:27 pm »

I knew someone did, but I couldn't recall who...

I'm waiting profgrape. :)  I love new theories.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 09:23:17 pm »
Especially if the idea that the Inverse Fire might keep the Nonmen somewhat intact.
I like that idea. Time to parasitize on it! Without measure and in a big way!

1) Fire, as a mundane image, is a dangerous phenomenon because of it's especial capability to damage the skin -- to violate the most physical and visible border between someone's conciousness and the world.
2) Inverse Fire, as an opposition of a said image, flashes out from the deepest chasms of conciousness. But what riverbeds will that "mind magma" flow? Will it burn things like neurons & memories or interaction will be benevolent (remember the whole inversion thing)?
3) I'm betting on "optimising the mind" scenario. Sentient beings with Inverse Fire have no redundancy or inefficiency in their conciousnesses -- that includes things like remorse and empathy or crappy memory system which is prone to overflow with years.

So, that is it. Inverse Fire is just a hotfix for bugs introduced by immortality patch and cunuroi were just so inept at updating.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 03:47:14 pm »
So, that is it. Inverse Fire is just a hotfix for bugs introduced by immortality patch and cunuroi were just so inept at updating.
Love it.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 04:17:24 pm »
I think someone once proposed the possibility of the Inverse Fire as a bootstrap before, but now I can't recall who.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 06:17:41 pm »
Its come up before.
Pretty small step from the erratic's methods of maintaining memory - pain and atrocity - to using a device that shows you the most pain imaginable to force memories to stick around.

Bonus if it actually erases some files, freeing up hard drive space.

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 07:04:49 am »
That, or it shows you as Mimara sees you when TJE opens.
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 12:32:06 am »
I loved the reveals about Nin'janjin and the Viroi that we got in TGO. Basically the Samurai of Nonmen.

There's also an interesting line somewhere during the Battle of Dagliash in which the Sranc are referred to as "Sons of Nin'Janjin". I wonder if perhaps Nin'janjin was the first specimen the Inchoroi used to crack the Nonman's bios and create the Sranc? Might also be how they learned how to make the first Inoculation for Nin'janjin himself.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 04:48:19 am by Franc is Buck »