From the TUC Glossary - The Mysterious Deaths of 4121

• 49 Replies

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 05:59:12 pm »
Great, great work there! I am on board with the theory that they witnessed something they weren't supposed to. Like that guy who saw Kellhus saw his head off, probably?
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

False Man

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 08:33:55 pm »
Ingiaban, Sristai (4059—4121)—Man-of-the-Tusk, Palatine of the Conriyan province of Kethantei. Murdered by thieves while visiting family in Aoknyssus.

Another one?

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 08:39:33 pm »
Ingiaban, Sristai (4059—4121)—Man-of-the-Tusk, Palatine of the Conriyan province of Kethantei. Murdered by thieves while visiting family in Aoknyssus.

Another one?

And another who died in Aöknyssus, too! The plot thickens...
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

False Man

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 09:05:37 pm »
In 4121, following the installation of Nurbanu Soter as King-Regent of High Ainon, the Holy Aspect-Emperor famously stayed in Kiz as a guest of Heramari Iyokus, the famed Blind Necromancer, learning the most forbidden of the forbidden arts, the Daimos

Soter, Nurbanu (4069–)—Ordealman, Believer-King of High Ainon, leader of the Ainoni contingent in the Great Ordeal of Anasûrimbor Kellhus. Originally Palatine of the Ainoni district of Kishyat when he joined the First Holy War, but made “King-Regent” of High Ainon as reward for his role in the Unification Wars. Renowned for his pragmatic brutality.

And there is no Kosoter entry in the Glossary (even Koll has one!).

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 09:16:32 pm »
In 4121, following the installation of Nurbanu Soter as King-Regent of High Ainon, the Holy Aspect-Emperor famously stayed in Kiz as a guest of Heramari Iyokus, the famed Blind Necromancer, learning the most forbidden of the forbidden arts, the Daimos

Soter, Nurbanu (4069–)—Ordealman, Believer-King of High Ainon, leader of the Ainoni contingent in the Great Ordeal of Anasûrimbor Kellhus. Originally Palatine of the Ainoni district of Kishyat when he joined the First Holy War, but made “King-Regent” of High Ainon as reward for his role in the Unification Wars. Renowned for his pragmatic brutality.

And there is no Kosoter entry in the Glossary (even Koll has one!).

That might just be because he's an important character? Main characters and the like don't usually get glossary entries... :-\

I wish we knew for sure if Kosoter was related to Soter, I remember someone bringing up that possibility in an older thread (maybe in the TAE Almanac?).
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."

False Man

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 09:49:26 pm »
That might just be because he's an important character? Main characters and the like don't usually get glossary entries... :-\

Nevermind, Soter is with the Ordeal at Golgotterath during TUC, he cannot be Kosoter.
But if Kosoter is a Ciphrang or something like that it makes sense to give him a name that could pass for Ainoni (there is also a Kusjeter who dies in TWP) and a name similar to that of people who actually fought in the Holy War.
Anyway, there was clearly something going on in Ainon during 4121.

Mondoënghus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 02:32:26 pm »

Another one?

Wow! Totally missed this one! Good eye ...
"What are you saying?"

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 09:34:49 pm »
seems like you struck something, based on bakker's rafo response.

Seriously impressive catch.
Odaini Concussion Cant first, ask questions later...

Mondoënghus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 10:06:02 pm »

Thanks! Yeah, I saw that. Interesting to think this may have some bearing on TNG ...
"What are you saying?"

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 10:19:06 pm »

I have to agree, great job on this catch, Mondoënghus!

Thanks! Yeah, I saw that. Interesting to think this may have some bearing on TNG ...

I keep wondering if Bakker was congratulating you on finding this rather than hinting at a future development in TNG. I mean, it's hard to see how the surviving characters finding out about the deaths of 4121 would matter (or even work) with Kellhus and presumably everyone involved in the cover up/purge dead. There might be something I'm not thinking of here, though.

Mondoënghus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:18 pm »

I keep wondering if Bakker was congratulating you on finding this rather than hinting at a future development in TNG. I mean, it's hard to see how the surviving characters finding out about the deaths of 4121 would matter (or even work) with Kellhus and presumably everyone involved in the cover up/purge dead. There might be something I'm not thinking of here, though.

Well, he wasn't speaking directly to me - I'm not on Reddit. But he did seem to respond to the query with a "RAFO", which suggests it may come up somehow in the next series. How? No idea!
"What are you saying?"

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 10:32:48 pm »
Well, he wasn't speaking directly to me - I'm not on Reddit. But he did seem to respond to the query with a "RAFO", which suggests it may come up somehow in the next series. How? No idea!

Ah, sorry about that, I thought it might be you with a different username since this was the topic being brought up. :-[
I'm really curious to how this would work, maybe the 4121 conspiracy goes even deeper than we all thought?

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 10:36:54 pm »
It is difficult for me to understand how this purge will have some actual and present relevance in the TNG series.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Mondoënghus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 11:59:33 pm »
It is difficult for me to understand how this purge will have some actual and present relevance in the TNG series.

Honestly, I can't immediately see how it does either. But unless the "RAFO" was not meant for that question, then it seems that he's saying that it does come up at some point in the future.

An Atrocity Tale, perhaps?
"What are you saying?"

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2017, 02:44:42 am »

I keep thinking that wherever Kellhus is, hi soul (Decapitant?), that in TNG we will get flashbacks about how things went up til the start of TAE. The Diamos, deals struck with Gods and so on. I think that would be really neat. Maybe people relating stories whom were with Kellhus, i dunno.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,