r/Fantasy gauging interest for Bakker AMA

• 19 Replies

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 10:51:26 pm »
It's on the sidebar on the right, you need to scroll down a little. They list all the upcoming AMAs.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 02:21:56 pm »
Wooooo, listed. April 3.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 02:35:06 pm »
It's on the sidebar on the right, you need to scroll down a little. They list all the upcoming AMAs.

Ok, I see it now.  Thanks.
No whistling on the slog!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 07:05:18 pm »
The Reddit mods really coach authors through it which is nice. The Grim Tidings podcast had a really interesting episode with two of the main r/fantasy mods. Bakker will create a thread on the day, wait a couple hours for questions to accumulate, and then devote a couple hours to answer them. Sometimes authors return the next day for a second round of questioning.

I'm really excited because when the user on reddit was originally gauging interest certain westerosi declared that they would do their best to turn it into mayhem. When this was brought up in the reddit thread gauging interest, the moderator there basicallly said, "let them try." Reddit moderators are far better than Westeros moderators.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 09:55:40 pm »
The Reddit mods really coach authors through it which is nice. The Grim Tidings podcast had a really interesting episode with two of the main r/fantasy mods. Bakker will create a thread on the day, wait a couple hours for questions to accumulate, and then devote a couple hours to answer them. Sometimes authors return the next day for a second round of questioning.

I'm really excited because when the user on reddit was originally gauging interest certain westerosi declared that they would do their best to turn it into mayhem. When this was brought up in the reddit thread gauging interest, the moderator there basicallly said, "let them try." Reddit moderators are far better than Westeros moderators.

One- Bakker is past the arguing on the internet. He will ignore the trolls or put them in their place.

Two - Westerosi of this nature are the scum of the Earth. They contradict themselves on a regular basis and the "strawman" was if not invented, honed at that forum. I like some of the threads over there, but their neo-liberal views and arguments cause fits of laughter when reading them. Westerosi - the safe place for neo-liberals who should move to California and then California have a earthquake and be done with them all together.

Mind you, I hate Trump. My political views are straight down the center and I know there is a solution to any problem if we are able to meet in the middle. But, if you voice an opinion that isn't to their far far left sensibilities, you are a redneck, racist who wants to take away everyone's rights and go back to slavery. It's disgusting. Little kids that need their safe space, that only listen and watch and read things that conform to their very miniscule worldviews. It's fucking disgusting.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,