[TUC Spoilers] The official "keeping track of contribution to the wiki" thread

• 19 Replies

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 11:03:01 pm »
Oh, I see you are now an Admin of the Wiki.

So much work, so little appreciation. Keep it up Thelli, you're awesome.

Yeah, that actually happened some months ago, when doing one of my edits I noticed a new message informing me of that and was like "huh, alright, cool". I guess I'm in charge there now. ;)

Thank you! I intend to keep working on it while I'm still in between periods of more intensive work. I think I'm going to create pages for all those Great Ordeal characters that only have a couple of appearances/mentions next, that shouldn't be too hard. (I'm still leaving the main character pages for last because of that...)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 07:58:05 pm »
Update as of May 12, 2018:
-Edited the "Known Members" section of the "Cishaurim" page.
-Created the "House Nersei", "House Coithus", "House Hoga", "House Hringa", "Iërus Ilimenni" and "Mbimayu" pages.

Some remarks on these new updates:
-I'm counting Nersei Xinemus as a king since he would technically be one since Proyas' death, being his only son and all. (Of course, who knows how long the poor boy will remain as such, given that the Second Apocalypse has now started...)
-Not sure if the Hringa family can be called a "House" since they're never referred as such in the books, but if anyone has any objections I can rename it to "Hringa Dynasty" or something of the sort.

Update as of May 13, 2018:
-Created the "Nersei Eukernas II" page.
-Edited the "Nersei Thaila (elder)", "Nersei Miramis", "Nersei Xinemus" and "Nersei Thaila (younger)" pages to add the necessary references.
-Edited the "Known Ciphrang" section of the "Ciphrang" page to add Ciphrang mentioned in TAE.

Update as of May 16, 2018:
-Created the "Eppaltros" and "Aälsa" pages.
-Did some editing and expansion of the "Anissi" and "Sanathi" pages.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:29:00 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 05:16:03 pm »
Update as of May 17, 2018:
-Did some editing (mainly of the character infoboxes) of the "Cnaiür urs Skiötha", "Sanathi", "Skiötha urs Hannut", "Bannut urs Hannut", "Anasûrimbor Moënghus II" and "Balait urs Kututha" pages.
-Did some editing of the "Cimoira", "Anasûrimbor Omindalea" and "Jiricet" pages.
-Created the "Hybrids" category.
-Created the "Anasûrimbor Sanna-Jephera" and "Anasûrimbor Sanna-Neorjë" pages.

Update as of May 19, 2018:
-Edited the "Agansanor", "Annand", "Anplei", "Antanamera", "Canute", "Cuärweth", "Enathpaneah", "Eshganax", "Eumarna", "Gaenri", "Gedea", "Gesindal", "Girgash", "Hirhamet", "Karyot", "Kethantei", "Kutapileth", "Massentia", "Moserothu", "Nangael", "Plaideöl" and "Shigek" pages (this might seem like a lot, but most of these were minor edits, adding references, information from the TUC glossary that wasn't in the TTT one, and names of more recent rulers of these places).

Update as of May 20, 2018:
-Did some editing to the character list (mainly to add some unnamed characters: Xerius' father and brother, Conphas' half-sister, Cnaiür's mother).
-Created the "Ikurei Conphas' half-sister" page.
-Edited the "House Ikurei", "Ikurei Conphas", "Ikurei Xerius III", "Ikurei Istriya" and "Ikurei Anphairas I" (character infoboxes only, mainly related to the aforementioned unnamed characters).
-Created the "House Anasûrimbor" page.
-Edited (including a considerable expansion in the first case) the "Sag-Marmau", "En-Kaujalau", "Ginsil" and "Ysilka" pages.
-Added estimated birth years (and corresponding notes) to the "Drusas Achamian", "Cnaiür urs Skiötha", "Anasûrimbor Kellhus", "Esmenet", "Serwë", "Maithanet", "Anasûrimbor Kayûtas", "Anasûrimbor Theliopa", "Anasûrimbor Serwa", "Nameless one", "Anasûrimbor Inrilatas", "Anasûrimbor Kelmomas" and "Anasûrimbor Samarmas" pages.
-Edited several characters' "Ethnicity" infobox information to reflect mixed ethnicity, whenever applicable (had previously done that for Anissi and Moënghus the Younger, today I also did that for all of Kellhus and Esmenet's children and for Nersei Xinemus and Nersei Thaila the Younger).

About the last update I mentioned above - maybe it would be a good idea to create a "Mixed ethnicity" or "Mixed ancestry" category for these characters. There are at least 11 of them and I might still be forgetting someone.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:03:34 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 10:21:44 pm »
Update as of May 21, 2018:
-Created the "Mixed ethnicity" category.
-Added the "Anasûrimbor Inrilatas", "Anasûrimbor Kayûtas", "Anasûrimbor Kelmomas", "Anasûrimbor Moënghus II", "Anasûrimbor Samarmas", "Anasûrimbor Serwa", "Anasûrimbor Theliopa", "Anissi", "Maithanet", "Nameless one", "Nersei Thaila (younger)" and "Nersei Xinemus" pages to said category.

Please tell me if I'm missing anyone. (I didn't include Mimara as there's less actual evidence in the text than for, say, Maithanet, who is said to have come from Cingulat or Nilnamesh. It's still possible Esmenet and Mimara's father could both have Norsirai ancestors several generations back and that Mimara's paler skin and green eyes come from recessive genes.) I also only added people who have two parents of differing ethnicity to this category so far, should I also add characters like Sanathi, who is 3/4 Scylvendi and 1/4 Norsirai? (That could make things too complicated down the line...)

Update as of May 26, 2018:
-Updated the "Anasûrimbor Inrilatas", "Anasûrimbor Kayûtas", "Anasûrimbor Kellhus", "Anasûrimbor Kelmomas", "Anasûrimbor Samarmas", "Anasûrimbor Serwa", "Anasûrimbor Theliopa", "Cnaiür urs Skötha", "Drusas Achamian", "Esmenet", "Maithanet", "Nameless one", "Nersei Proyas", "Serwë", "Varalt Sorweel III" and "Zsoronga ut Nganka'kull" pages with the dates of birth (and death, in one case) estimated in my other thread. (I didn't include Moënghus the Elder here because I wasn't happy with how that estimation turned out. Proyas' estimated date of birth is also subject to future change(s) after I talked with Dora Vee about it in more detail. Koringus and the Boy don't have wiki articles yet, so theirs will be added when I create those.)
-Created the "Nurbanu Ze" page, in honour of the recent Quorum "Nurbanu Joe" conversation (and hopefully future running gag).
(click to show/hide)
-Created the "Xiuhianni" and "Characters from Jekhia" categories (yes, not much of a need for those before, but TAE did introduce 3 Jekki characters: Xonghis, Ze, and a member of the Company of Scions).
-Did some heavy editing of the "Nurbanu Soter" page (it's now completely up to date).

Update as of May 29, 2018:
-Edited the "Sos-Praniura" page (which is now up to date as well), following a Quorum conversation on whether he was a Man or a Nonman.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:13:08 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 04:02:26 pm »
Update as of July 30, 2018:
-Created the "Risaphial", "Mimotil" and "Cu'cûlol" pages (getting back to wiki-ing with baby steps...).

Update as of August 02, 2018:
-Created the "Yi'yariccas", "Damial'isharin" and "Tsinirû" pages (keeping with the "minor Nonman characters" trend).

Update as of August 03, 2018:
-Created the "Avalunsil", "Wulta-Ongorean", "Symaul", "Lurijara", "Suberd" and "Aelswë" pages.
-Edited the "Ûmeri Empire" page to add a "Known Rulers" section, including a few notes (trying to make sense of the Ûmeri rulers and the order they ruled in is a bit confusing; might need further editing).

Update as of August 04, 2018:
-Created the "Aisarinqu", "Aisralu", "Enpiralas", "Pil'kmiras", "Par'sigiccas", "Tinnirin", "Rama", "Cet'moyol", "Linqirû" and "Cu'huriol" pages (still carrying on with the "minor Nonman characters" trend).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 06:16:05 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »