• 67 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:08 pm »
Quote from: Meyna
Yes, I spent an awful lot of time on Morrowind over the years. I probably spent even more time than that on modding Morrowind. Skyrim is pretty neat, too!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:13 pm »
Quote from: Centurion
My roommates bought me Skyrim for Christmas, but I've barely had any time to play.  I've had the game for over a month now and I'm still level 12, but I can totally see it becoming a humongous time killer.  Should probably just bite the bullet and buy a bag of twizzlers, a box of root beer, and spend a good solid 20+ hours exploring...

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:17 pm »
Quote from: Jorge
Science, philosophy, running, film.

Also a dorky little game called Magic: The Gathering... I play competitively, although I have yet to break through to the ProTour. Yes, there is a ProTour.

Let me tell you, every time I guess what my opponent is holding in hand from their expression and previous plays I feel like a goddamn Dunyain.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:25 pm »
Ah, now running is something that I forgot to include in my list, as I have stopped that activity for the winter. Short sprints and 5K are my preferred distances, but I have never seriously trained or looked at form or anything.

What format do you play in Magic, Jorge? I only ever did pre-release tournaments around 2008-2010. I first played casually during the Urza period. Now THAT was a good block!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:30 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
+1 MTG player.
First played during The Dark and Fallen Empires.
Only played sporadically online since Kamigawa though.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:35 pm »
Quote from: Centurion
I used to play MTG too, but never competitively.  I think I still have my red/black goblin deck from Lorwyn somewhere in my closet, but the Eldrazi pretty much killed my interest.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:39 pm »
Quote from: bbaztek
It saddens me deeply that no one here likes to fire up fat doobies. You haven't  read bakker until you've read him a blunt to the head deep

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:44 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
I've been a competitive swimmer since I was a young lad, which makes it about 17 years, and its all about to end in a month or so when I graduate from college.
College, chemical engineering (if you can consider it an interest I suppose, more like a means to a job)
Bit of reading. Just read through Dune (Up to Chapterhouse). Currently working on Perdido Street Station by China Mieville, though that is taking a rather long time but I quite like it so far. Recently got into Joe Abercrombie, he writes some rather entertaining stuff.
Video games. Though not a ton since I've been rather busy with school and swimming(what a fucking time sink that is, you wouldnt believe...). Currently only playing Aion, a free MMORPG. Though when I get the time and money I'll shell out a few bucks for a used copy of an interesting RPG for a console (Xbox360 now since my ps3 that i got broke due to a shitty firmware update that Sony refused to refund me for so I swore off them for the current gen).
Anime. Don't know why but I've always found it entertaining. I've watched all the DBZ stuff which is pretty standard, though I have to confess I thought it was just mediocre as far as things go. Too much filler maybe? Yu Yu Hakosho is probably my all time favorite, but sadly very short (113ish episodes I think). Stopped watching Bleach (subbed) after around 310 and havent started watching the new story line.Currently only watch Naruto (subbed again) on any kind of regular basis, but since I've now caught up and they only come out with 1 a week its getting painful. Honorable mentions: Deathnote, Ruroni Kenshin, Zoids (Chaotic Century and New Century Zero), Gundam Wing.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:49 pm »
Quote from: Ajokli
I'm more of a Android:Netrunner man, myself.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:57 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
It saddens me deeply that no one here likes to fire up fat doobies. You haven't  read bakker until you've read him a blunt to the head deep

Dude.  This forum positively reeks of incense.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:14 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Incense. Wow. Now that is a misleading name

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:20 pm »
I'm not joking when I say this...I've smoked but never inhaled.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:25 pm »

do  you go on dates for the food

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:30 pm »

do  you go on dates for the food

As a New Yorker, the reason for any outing is the food. That glorious, overpriced food :lol:

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:35 pm »
Quote from: Auriga
You haven't  read bakker until you've read him a blunt to the head deep

I've never really read books while smoking up. Can't focus on the text and keep up my attention.

(I have a bad experience with this, from high school. There was a math test, which I'd studied for pretty hard, but I had smoked skunk right before going to school and taking the test. None of the teachers really noticed that I was high as a kite, since it was a huge class. For the next hour, I just sat there and stared with blank eyes at the algebra test, my head somewhere in the hazy clouds. Result - 0 out of 100 answers right.)