The NFL "Pick 'em" Challenge, 2018-19 Season

• 13 Replies

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« on: January 10, 2018, 05:57:53 pm »
Hey, here's the thread for next season's competition. We probably won't pick against the spread. Please post any suggestions. I'll update this post as required.

See y'all in September!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:01:33 pm »
You can just set up a Yahoo league and get our emails and invite us. Much easier that way..they do all the work.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 06:08:44 pm »
I'll look into that, MSJ, thanks!
ETA: Oh, yeah, that'll work great.

So I'll just use the thread to announce the league (sometime during preseason, I imagine). Y'all can PM me with your emails then.

Of course, the thread will also post weekly results, along with bragging, gloating and trash talk. Sounds like fun to me!

Oh, the league will need a name.....naming rights are available!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:30:57 pm by BeardFisher-King »
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 06:31:03 pm »
"Tell us your Ketyai"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 09:26:42 pm »
No problem. We could even do a TSA FFL. That would be very fun. Pick a day when we can do a live draft. I think that would be loads of fun
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:11:18 pm »
I've never played FFL. But I'm game. I imagine we can set that up at Yahoo Sports as well, yes?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:31:37 pm »
Yes, BFk. And, it would be optimal if we have at least 8 people. And, if you get with me, would be commissioner since I know a lot more about it. Points, how many players and such. I would commission FFL, while you do pick em.

And definitely have to work out a day to do a live draft. That way we choose our own players.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:33:22 pm by MSJ »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 10:45:26 pm »
We can do March Madness brackets also.....
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:08:26 pm by MSJ »

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 02:18:44 am »
Yes, BFk. And, it would be optimal if we have at least 8 people. And, if you get with me, would be commissioner since I know a lot more about it. Points, how many players and such. I would commission FFL, while you do pick em.

And definitely have to work out a day to do a live draft. That way we choose our own players.

I was hoping you'd handle the FFL. I've got the "Pick 'em" league. 8 players for FFL? You, I, then maybe Tao, Bolivar, H.....that leaves three more to recruit.

Yes, we can!

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 03:32:50 am »

I was hoping you'd handle the FFL. I've got the "Pick 'em" league. 8 players for FFL? You, I, then maybe Tao, Bolivar, H.....that leaves three more to recruit.

Yes, we can!

I'm in for any and all of it.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 12:02:42 pm »
I might sit out a March Madness one, I don't really know shit about college sports...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 01:19:32 pm »
I might sit out a March Madness one, I don't really know shit about college sports...

Which likely gives you an advantage picking them ...
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 01:27:14 pm »
Quote from:  TaoHorror
Which likely gives you an advantage picking them ..

Exactly! Its like the stories you hear that guys ask their 3 year old kid which team will win based off the colors of their jerseys. And, end up winning these huge pools. I think the less you know, the better off you are with a March Madness bracket. So, H, don't let your lack of knowledge deter you from participating.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 01:37:52 pm »
Quote from:  TaoHorror
Which likely gives you an advantage picking them ..

Exactly! Its like the stories you hear that guys ask their 3 year old kid which team will win based off the colors of their jerseys. And, end up winning these huge pools. I think the less you know, the better off you are with a March Madness bracket. So, H, don't let your lack of knowledge deter you from participating.

True, not like it costs anything...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira