• 8 Replies

Kellais

• Kijneta
  • The True Old Name
  • Damnation Dealer
    • View Profile
« on: November 17, 2013, 02:25:59 pm »
Hey gals and guys,

I remembered today that Scott promoted an author he knew from his writer-workshop days on his blog but i totally forgot his name so searching the blog does not work. Do you know what i am talking about? If so, maybe you can link me to it? That'd be much appreciated :)

Thanks!
I'm trapped in Darkness
Still I reach out for the Stars

"GoT is TSA's less talented but far more successful step-brother" - Wilshire

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:28:33 pm »
I think you mean delavagus.

Three Roses, Bk. 1 thread and page on Bakker's blog.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Kellais

• Kijneta
  • The True Old Name
  • Damnation Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:39:30 pm »
Yes, thank you, Madness!

Did you read it? How is it? (and "read the thread, damn you" is a perfectly acceptable answer  ;D )
I'm trapped in Darkness
Still I reach out for the Stars

"GoT is TSA's less talented but far more successful step-brother" - Wilshire

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 03:12:33 pm »
Well, unfortunately, he's not done. But yeah, I've read all that you can read. It's going to be wicked.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 08:57:42 pm »
I casually dropped in here yesterday and noticed this thread.  I thought I'd mention that your comment got me excited about the book, and so I've put aside a bunch of other stuff and am getting back to the book starting right now (or rather, starting in approximately one minute).  My first plan of action is to make some changes to Part 1, starting with Chapter 1.  Once I get something I like, I'll post the new version up on TPB.

Well, unfortunately, he's not done. But yeah, I've read all that you can read. It's going to be wicked.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 12:29:52 am »
I think were all curious about your book, Del! Yes, we don't speak it on a regular basis - it's a naughty habit of the reading public (particularly in this age)!

Another naughty habit of the reading public is not recognising the cost of writing that is not playing video games during that time, or not internet browsing, or not gazing wistfully out of the window.

We tend not to appreciate these things and with it, an author is left to either toil without recognition, or simply return to video games or internet browsing. Which is somewhat the reading publics fault.

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:35:14 am »
Another naughty habit of the reading public is not recognising the cost of writing that is not playing video games during that time, or not internet browsing, or not gazing wistfully out of the window.

Indeed.  Though in this particular case, the cost of my writing is (a) not grading papers, (b) not working on grant applications, and (c) generally not doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

If there were three or four of me, then *maybe* I'd be able to get done everything I'd like to get done...

/pity party

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:47 am »
Sweetie, you just need to be unemployed! Then it all falls...into place!  ;D

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 02:02:23 pm »
I casually dropped in here yesterday and noticed this thread.  I thought I'd mention that your comment got me excited about the book, and so I've put aside a bunch of other stuff and am getting back to the book starting right now (or rather, starting in approximately one minute).  My first plan of action is to make some changes to Part 1, starting with Chapter 1.  Once I get something I like, I'll post the new version up on TPB.

Awesome.

Indeed.  Though in this particular case, the cost of my writing is (a) not grading papers, (b) not working on grant applications, and (c) generally not doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

If there were three or four of me, then *maybe* I'd be able to get done everything I'd like to get done...

/pity party

Lol, you're welcome to host pity parties here, delavagus.

Also, a, b, but especially, c, are important things as well. I wish you success in finding a balance for yourself that enables me to read your fiction in the future and so be changed by your thoughts ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer