H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2017, 12:10:32 pm »
Once you guys know what date is good, I'll check to see if I'll have some time then.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Tivadar

• Nascenti
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2017, 02:04:49 pm »
You work at a recording studio? I'm... sorry. Your ears must be bleeding with the low, low quality of our casts lol. Help would be appreciated, sir.

Haha it is rough for sure... but revelation requires sacrifice. 

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:50 pm »
Any suggestions to make it better to begin with would be greatly appreciated .

Sure, better equipment, I suppose one or two of us might be able to get a better mic , but that's just not likely to happen. I do some gaming, maybe I'll look into a new headset that has a decent microphone.

Anything else? Programs to use for recording, or some medium other than Skype to use?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 06, 2017, 02:15:32 am »
I'm definitely down for a podcast. My schedule is a bit whacky but I should manage.

Also, if my "primary" computer is working by then (it better be if it knows what's good for it) then I could assist in recording. I have a pretty nice mic as well, and I've learned a tiny bit about general audio stuff in the last few months. Emphasis on "a tiny bit", but it's something.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2017, 05:03:42 am »
We record our world of warcraft boss kills, and that includes our TS channel. I will speak to the streamers in my guild as the chat always comes out nice with the video.

We could use my guilds TS channel (I'd need to get permission from the Admin, but i'm 99.9% sure we would get permission, just need to ask him first, so we could get a channel set up with a password etc.)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2017, 03:23:56 pm »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Titan

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2017, 04:03:14 pm »
Exciting! I'm looking forward to listening.  :)

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2017, 06:38:40 pm »
I  keep  trying to reply to the message in my inbox,  I am free for the 3rd
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2017, 07:31:07 pm »
TSACast - June 6/17: Madness, Blackstone, themerchant, Ciogli, and Beardfisher King

Notes to come soon for this and the last Cast upon my return to London.

Also, I made a note at the beginning of the Cast to forewarn everyone about my microphone cackles. I'm truly sorry for my amateur abilities. I also realized after my edited opening that everyone's microphone is somehow at different volumes. I know two of the Casters are on their phones, which we've had done before without issue, but I take total blame for all these problems and the growing graveyard of LostCasts.

Apologies all. Everything I've learned about audio editing, I've learned in pieces as problems arise with these recordings. I will make sure to forward this Cast to Tivadar and the reddit fan who have both approached me offering help. If I can get a better version of this Cast up I will do so as soon as possible.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:33:12 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2017, 08:11:13 pm »
It sounds alright to me so far.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 11, 2017, 01:45:29 am »
Sweet Sejenus, that BFK guy is loud!

If I get another opportunity to participate in a Cast, I'll try not to speak quite so loudly.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 11, 2017, 08:19:30 pm »
Get a Chapter 1 and 2 cast going.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 11, 2017, 08:26:28 pm »
Get a Chapter 1 and 2 cast going.
Heads will roll, merchant! Sparks will fly! As will fur!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 12, 2017, 01:36:31 am »
So cool, my peeps! Just listened to some of this ( if you want a profane corrupted intellect to contribute, I may be able to find one for ya  :D ) - there's going to be a "follow on series"? TUC won't be the last book?

Edit: At the point hearing you all talk about different points of view, various characters thinking Kel is a demon, etc. I think you're touching on one of the themes of the book - intense human conflict is ultimately a strength of humanity, driving us to greater feats if not actual evolution of consciousness. While it seems human infighting weakens us, eliminating potential contributors to defeating the Consult, the "ordeal" we put ourselves through, not accepting or believing so quickly, strengthens our resolve and can accomplish was was previously considered impossible. See how the Holy war revives after beaten down so badly by the rain and sickness once it "reconciles" the circumfixion of Kel. As Kel racks up enemies, putting himself and the fate of the Great Ordeal at risk, surviving it and bringing along his enemies into the fray, it maximizes the chance for success - the TTT.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:59:14 am by TaoHorror »
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2017, 02:17:11 am »
So cool, my peeps! Just listened to some of this ( if you want a profane corrupted intellect to contribute, I may be able to find one for ya  :D ) - there's going to be a "follow on series"? TUC won't be the last book?

Edit: At the point hearing you all talk about different points of view, various characters thinking Kel is a demon, etc. I think you're touching on one of the themes of the book - intense human conflict is ultimately a strength of humanity, driving us to greater feats if not actual evolution of consciousness. While it seems human infighting weakens us, eliminating potential contributors to defeating the Consult, the "ordeal" we put ourselves through, not accepting or believing so quickly, strengthens our resolve and can accomplish was was previously considered impossible. See how the Holy war revives after beaten down so badly by the rain and sickness once it "reconciles" the circumfixion of Kel. As Kel racks up enemies, putting himself and the fate of the Great Ordeal at risk, surviving it and bringing along his enemies into the fray, it maximizes the chance for success - the TTT.
Yes, Tao, there is a third series planned by RSB. It's known here on the Forum as The Series That Shall Not Be Named. As far as I know, there is not a publishing deal for it. So pray to what Gods you hold dear....

I think you would be great on a podcast, Tao. Some of us are planning one for Saturday/Sunday the 17th/18th. I'd be happy to keep you in the loop.

I like your speculation about Bakker's themes. I have to give it some thought, but I agree that human fallibility and weakness is valuable. The Proyas arc speaks to this.