Inchoroi women?

• 6 Replies

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« on: July 06, 2016, 04:42:45 pm »
Hi, Bakker. Prior to their technological advancement, did the Inchoroi procreate through male female sexual interaction or are those penises that the current Inchoroi have later additions? If the former is true, what happened to the women?

Quintus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 09:32:08 am »
I've always liked the idea that they first did something akin to the Womb Plague on themselves, a long time ago, and that when they travelled through the Void they were already Erratics. No real confirmation on this point though, and with the Tekne they may have circumvented the memory issue, at least to some extent.

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 06:10:18 pm »
Hi, Bakker. Prior to their technological advancement, did the Inchoroi procreate through male female sexual interaction or are those penises that the current Inchoroi have later additions? If the former is true, what happened to the women?

Kellhus in TTT describes them as having a hundred words for the various nuances of ejaculation.  That argues long cultural degeneration and also the innateness of that sexual behavior.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 06:39:13 pm »
Penises crop up in evolutionary history a lot but at the same time it's weird they would exterminate an entire sex. Plus I could easily see them adding whatever organs they needed to be sexually compatible with natives. So I'm guessing they started out with a different arrangement of sexes. Don't need traditional hominid peg in slot to have ejaculation and orgasm, necessarily.

The Great Scald

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 06:05:23 pm »
Hi, Bakker. Prior to their technological advancement, did the Inchoroi procreate through male female sexual interaction or are those penises that the current Inchoroi have later additions?

The Ark is their mother, both womb and ecosystem, hence Seswatha calling them "orphans". The alien dicks are probably a later addition, post-transhuman, perhaps added when they first came into contact with hominids and raped them.

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 11:00:43 pm »
Penises crop up in evolutionary history a lot but at the same time it's weird they would exterminate an entire sex. Plus I could easily see them adding whatever organs they needed to be sexually compatible with natives. So I'm guessing they started out with a different arrangement of sexes. Don't need traditional hominid peg in slot to have ejaculation and orgasm, necessarily.

Perhaps, but bear in mind that:

1.) "Peg in slot" is not merely hominid - whales do this, as do at least some insects, it is a fairly widespread feature

2.) Wiping out an entire sex is less weird than you might think in the Earwaverse, consider the Whale-mothers, who are essentially lobotomized baby machines and alive only because the Dunyain lacked the Tekne and could not produce full cloning to eliminate women entirely.  It is entirely likely that the Inchoroi did not make tools of wombs as the Dunyain did only because they had to tools to replace wombs altogether.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 07:35:19 am »

Kellhus in TTT describes them as having a hundred words for the various nuances of ejaculation.  That argues long cultural degeneration and also the innateness of that sexual behavior.
I was going to say it could be an oblique reference to a quote about Ankh-Morpork having several dozen different words for assassination. But I can't find the quote now!