Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 12:44:59 pm »
Apology accepted... This time.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 11:06:38 pm »
Apology accepted... This time.

I don't get it!

More tales I would like: tales of how certain people got into their exalted position:  Psatma, Maithanet, Old Moe, the story of Xerius' ascent and his father's assassination, the battles between Saubon and Conphas, and Fanayal on the run.

EDIT: Moar: tales of pre-swayali witches, encounters with the sranc for atrithau, sakarpus (those seiges), galeoth, zeum, scylvendi, an account of the scylvendi overwhelming momen

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 11:56:48 am »
Nice thoughts.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 01:08:20 am »
Madness--reading your Tale of Swayali right now and loving it!  It would be awesome if Bakker did more in this direction, particularly in the training of Serwa (influences by both Mandate and traditional witches) till the point she takes over the school and makes it her own, all before she is 15.  What a gal!

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 01:32:57 am »
Moar:

- story of Akka vs unnamed cishaurim
- Akka's travels in general (pre tdtcb)
- a swashbuckling mysunsai, han solo-type, working his/her way around the 3seas for gold and pleasure, pseudo-wizard is semi-autonomous from their own school and in hot water with someone all the time!
- some kind of minor school that is effectively the exclusive ninja equivalent of a socrcerous school, no pretensions to power, just zennish dedication to art and craft
- ^ this school pulling the seswatha heart trick, multiple times---founder, person A, dies and her/his heart is used for the grasping; B is the next greatest student, upon death their heart is used for the grasping; C dreams B's life and B dreaming A's life and so on.  Herbert style accumulation of knowledge into one person, creates the Kwizat

EDIT: another: a day in the life of a human concubine for a nonman

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 05:52:24 pm »
It'd be interesting to me to see one of the Inchoroi's previous purges from the perspective of the guys getting purged but that might be redundant and predictable. I just want more Inchoroi.

Garet Jax

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 02:53:45 pm »
It'd be interesting to me to see one of the Inchoroi's previous purges from the perspective of the guys getting purged but that might be redundant and predictable. I just want more Inchoroi.

^ This.  I want POV from any of the Inchoroi pre-fall.  Just a couple pages worth would be good enough for me.

Give me more High Holy Zeum while we are at it!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »
What have they been doing all these years, hiding behind their mountains and fortresses. Basically a whole continent unified by one rule for generations, and not pursuant in any major wars. That's a recipe for an pretty culturally and scientifically advanced civilization.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »
Not sure if mentioned but I would love to see the breaking of the gates and also the presenting of the tusk from the Inchies.

Devious Inchi bastards!

Garet Jax

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »
What have they been doing all these years, hiding behind their mountains and fortresses. Basically a whole continent unified by one rule for generations, and not pursuant in any major wars. That's a recipe for an pretty culturally and scientifically advanced civilization.

That is exactly what I have been thinking about them.  But my "voice of judgement" loves telling me otherwise.  I keep getting this nagging feeling that they have stagnated and just consider themselves and their achievements great.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:22 pm »
Imagine if the men over the mountains are the Inchies, they flew in a big circle cos they were too busy a'raping and a'killing and a'looking into the Invers Fire.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2014, 05:01:17 am »
Not sure if mentioned but I would love to see the breaking of the gates and also the presenting of the tusk from the Inchies.

Devious Inchi bastards!

BUMP

This is a wonderful idea!  Written from Aurang's POV?  Or the Burnt Prophet?  The Burnt Prophet knows he has betrayed his people and his gods because...because...THE INCHOROI CAUGHT HIM

Phallus Pendulus

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 03:24:19 pm »
I want to see how the hundred gods reacted to the Inchoroi. An epic battle between the vaginal Yatwer and the pendulous phallic Inchoroi would be great.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2014, 11:39:03 pm »

Devious Inchi bastards!

BUMP

This is a wonderful idea!  Written from Aurang's POV?  Or the Burnt Prophet?  The Burnt Prophet knows he has betrayed his people and his gods because...because...THE INCHOROI CAUGHT HIM

I expect Bakker would troll us and give us the PoV of some not inconsequential but ultimately insgnificant tribesman. It could be gloriously tantalising though.

EDIT: That might all change with a big reveal in TUC.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:43:52 pm by SilentRoamer »

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 05:47:09 pm »
I want to see how the hundred gods reacted to the Inchoroi. An epic battle between the vaginal Yatwer and the pendulous phallic Inchoroi would be great.

Zoidberg: Don't stop, professor, I'm becoming aroused!