« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 12:24:31 am »
I finished mine.  Got it on the 5th.

The2ndUtteralString

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2016, 04:08:46 am »
Scheduled Delivery:
    Monday, 07/11/2016, by 12:00 P.M.

I'm posting this well aware it has no value for anyone bar me, but i'm pretty excited.

Same, my B&N's copy should arrive today (Monday). Ridiculous, as like Bakker, I'm living in Ontario. Last time, Penguin Canada published the book and it came out earlier than in the US/UK if I recall correctly.
A self-serving cognitive bias brought me here.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 07:52:36 am »
Scheduled Delivery:

I'm posting this well aware it has no value for anyone bar me, but i'm pretty excited.

Same, my B&N's copy should arrive today (Monday). Ridiculous, as like Bakker, I'm living in Ontario. Last time, Penguin Canada published the book and it came out earlier than in the US/UK if I recall correctly.

Yeah it did, I ordered it from Canada last time as that was the earliest way to get the book.

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 08:32:10 am »
Just finished it, holy whit that was dense, you were right Madness, the whole book was a spoiler, and that was the first half. Poor Proyas, I do not know how you managed to keep these secrets for so long.
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 09:55:39 am »
Girls & guys, could you advise a sure method to buy an electronic copy?
Ritte meow, if possible.
I'm outside of US & UK and with plain PC desktop.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 10:38:55 am »
I have mine now. Just arrived. :D

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 11:07:05 am »
Amazon just shipped my retail copy, claims it will be here tomorrow.  We'll see if that ends up being true.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 11:34:52 am »
I have pre-orders standing on both .com and .ca but have yet to hear from either. Getting a tad annoyed now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 02:02:40 pm »
July 26 for Canada :(

NO WEEPERS ON THE SLOG!
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2016, 03:46:03 pm »
My local b&n relessed it on the 5th....even thiugh Amazon still has a july 12th release date. Paid nesrly double to already finish it before the Amazon release.

Lol - some of the ARC buyers paid upward of $150 for their early fractions ;).

I finished mine.  Got it on the 5th.

Nice! Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Darknesse :).

Scheduled Delivery:

As far as I know, from here on out Penguin Canada will only distribute Overlook's edition of the book - hence the uneven lag time between Canadian and US releases :(.

Just finished it, holy whit that was dense, you were right Madness, the whole book was a spoiler, and that was the first half. Poor Proyas, I do not know how you managed to keep these secrets for so long.

Lol - thanks, neither do I, Ciogli :).

Girls & guys, could you advise a sure method to buy an electronic copy?
Ritte meow, if possible.
I'm outside of US & UK and with plain PC desktop.

Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Ordeal-Three-Aspect-Emperor-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B01F0DFM0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468251625&sr=8-1&keywords=the+great+ordeal+kindle

Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-great-ordeal-r-scott-bakker/1122809346?type=eBook

Probably can't get them before midnight tonight, though, SP. I've previously bought Kindle books and used third-party ereading programs on my computer.

Hope one of those works.

I have mine now. Just arrived. :D

HUZZAH! The Captain has his copy!

Amazon just shipped my retail copy, claims it will be here tomorrow.  We'll see if that ends up being true.

Usually, they don't send shipping notices unless the thing has shipped. Fingers crossed, H.

I have pre-orders standing on both .com and .ca but have yet to hear from either. Getting a tad annoyed now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Time will come, mostly.harmless. Remember your anticipation when it does - savour your read :).

July 26 for Canada :(

NO WEEPERS ON THE SLOG!

Well, it is kind of lame that the author's country of origin doesn't see the book first ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2016, 04:47:01 pm »
Usually, they don't send shipping notices unless the thing has shipped. Fingers crossed, H.

Oh, no doubt it is shipped, but I was surprised by 1-day shipping.  It doesn't really matter, it'll come around the mountain when it comes.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »
Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Ordeal-Three-Aspect-Emperor-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B01F0DFM0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468251625&sr=8-1&keywords=the+great+ordeal+kindle
Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-great-ordeal-r-scott-bakker/1122809346?type=eBook
Probably can't get them before midnight tonight, though, SP. I've previously bought Kindle books and used third-party ereading programs on my computer.
Hope one of those works.
Aww, thank you so much, Madness! That will certainly do.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2016, 06:00:52 pm »
Hope one of those works.
Aww, thank you so much, Madness! That will certainly do.

So once you buy the Kindle edition it sends you a download link so you can put in on your computer?

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2016, 07:59:46 pm »
So once you buy the Kindle edition it sends you a download link so you can put in on your computer?
Just a little bit more complicated.

There is a banner "READ ON ANY DEVICE >Get free Kindle app" under the book cover, which produces a window: "Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required."

Using that, I've just got Kindle app for PC and now I'm trying to install one on my phone.
Btw, the app will ask you to login with new or existing amazon account.

And as Madness suggested, "This title is not currently available for purchase" with "Publication Date: July 12, 2016".
We're lucky it's 11.07.2016 & 22:56.

PS Time in Washington, DC, USA 5:12 PM Monday, July 11, 2016. I've completely forgot about timezones!
PPS Amazon.com is UTC-7, as far as I remember. That makes it even more painful: 2:19 PM Monday, July 11, 2016.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:19:21 pm by Simas Polchias »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2016, 08:35:16 pm »
Finished it , can i get access to the other forum if possible please? Thanks :)