Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2017, 03:11:31 pm »

Ol' Moe, dead as a door nail, eh?
I've never understood how the "Moënghus lives!" theories get past the clear evidence of his death-by-Chorae. But as a way to while away the early summer days, I'll bite: What's the case for a living Moënghus?

No joke, the death-by-chorae is explained as not-death due to the color Bakker used in the description of this scene.

This was (wrongly) guessed to be unique to only Moenghus, then later once quotes disproving that were quoted many times the theorizers said 'fine, all Cishaurim do it', then laterer (more quotes) 'ok it happens to everyone' but at this point they were fully committed to Moe being alive so it was mostly ignored.

Most other pieces of said Meta-Moenghus theories are either contradicted by pretty direct quotes from the book (room for speculation in some though), or rely on speculated mechanics which are so outlandish as to be entire un-provable and equally un-disprovable. Typically these are related to infallible super-powerful and entirely invisible meta-psuke magics which can be used to explain (literally) how Moe was behind every single happening in the entire series whilst remaining totally unseen. This conveniently also allows any argument to be dismissed outright (*handwaive* but meta-psuke can do that), thus rendering it an unassailable hypothesis.

But do please keep in mind we needed something to talk about for the 5+ years we waited for TGO and this single avenue of speculation provided many, many hours of discussion.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:32:48 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2017, 05:49:36 pm »
Wilshire, he is still not dead somewhere his soul resides in the Outside, could be whistling Dixie in one of the Gods ear for christ sake, you know. No one here is reeady to give up on Moe.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2017, 06:01:30 pm »
Wilshire, he is still not dead somewhere his soul resides in the Outside, could be whistling Dixie in one of the Gods ear for christ sake, you know. No one here is reeady to give up on Moe.
This twist has some recent justification in text and I find it more acceptable :)
One of the other conditions of possibility.