Question about Dunyain feelings/instincts

• 0 Replies

robizeratul

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« on: July 10, 2016, 02:13:13 pm »
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to control feelings instead of abolish them? I mean, being 100% logical is not easy, it took them two thousand years and they didn't accomplish it. Why not act as if feelings/instincts are 100% natural in need of absolute control? 

The difference would be simple, instead of fighting constantly against their humanity, they could simply build a wall around it. This way each Dunyain monk would "listen to his body" and enjoy himself when the time comes. Of course this would all be  structured. For example, he could only have sex once every few weeks, or months, when he decides it's the best time for it, when it makes more sense to embrace and weaken the impulse than fight it....and after that's out of the way he can go back to doing what he does. 

Of course in time these temptations would be there, but weaker and weaker. Using the same breeding methods they could improve themselves in time... 

Does this make any sense? I tried to write this post a few times but I always ended up rambling too much...