Kellhus: His luck, misfortune, and stupidity (TDTCB)

• 16 Replies

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 11:47:25 am »
@ Wilshire - awesome summary of the K's adventures.  Also found it hard to believe in retrospect and harder on each reread.  My money is on Dunyain/Cishaurim conditioning Kellhus from craddle on.  Even negative experiences, like nearly dying before Leweth finds him, are manufactured to make him believe he is special.  Making a tool of a Dunyain is the longest con, would require so much effort I have it at as Ishual Conspiring.  Neuropuncture plus psukhe plus all the other conditioning and the Dunyain have their sacrificial lamb. 

I'm not terribly tempted to explain it as the gods as that just seems kind of too deus ex machina.  I suppose Kellhus could be another white luck warrior.  The gods could make him think that he's not a WLW, I suppose.  They could deceive that other guy into thinking he's WLW when he's not.  Or maybe it's just going to be conflicting, multiple WLW's with a Yatwer-WLW vs an Ajokli-WLW. 

Possible that Seswatha succeeded the first time around because he was WLW?

@ Madness - using the tekne to modify himself, that's pretty sweet.  Remove, add passions, tentacles, more mouths/heads for more sorcery.  One for each kind of magic: gnosis, anagogis, aporos, and a blinded head for psukhe.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 12:40:55 pm »
@ Madness - using the tekne to modify himself, that's pretty sweet.  Remove, add passions, tentacles, more mouths/heads for more sorcery.  One for each kind of magic: gnosis, anagogis, aporos, and a blinded head for psukhe.

Bound to happen.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer