[TUC Spoilers] Nascenti of Zaudunyanicon

• 163 Replies

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2017, 05:40:05 am »
Kellhus, Shauriatis, Halos, Fanimry. All fucking amazing.

If you guys ever want to do this in the UK, I'm in!

Same here: The UK would require lot less planning ahead than Canada  ;D
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

solipsisticurge

• Momurai
  • There is a head on a pole behind him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 06:02:29 am »
Again, sad I had to miss this, but reality does not cooperate with desires. (Neither does my daughter, haha.)

Glad for the confirmation Meppa is alive, and hoping the Psukhe will be further explored in TNG. Not surprised Fane's interpretation is inaccurate, but sorcery with no Mark still makes me want to know more.

Also confirms my ideas regarding Kellhus in TNG. I've not thought he was going to make a glorious return on horseback through Gnostic-Daimotic-Dunyain trickery, but all his mucking about with the Outside, damnation, empires, et al, had to yield some contingencies that have not yet been explored, whether planned in advance as a post-failure eventuality by the man himself, or seized by the mighty Likaro and exploited to new ends in the Second Apocalypse.

Can't wait for whatever audio/video does make its way up here!
Kings never lie. They demand the world be mistaken.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »
Also, what prompted him to say that? Did someone ask about them first or did he simply say "no questions about halos" before the Q&A began?

Some moments were not for the rest of you.

ah look a new clique lol

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 01:34:41 pm »
Living in the other side of the world is indeed my fault. ;D
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Hand of Yawgmoth

• Nascenti
  • Suthenti
  • Curse Likaro!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »
Bakker was nonplussed by the name Crabbicus, and he seemed almost offended that we've starting calling the first book of TNG The Crabiqiad.

He still seemed surprised at the idea of Baby Kellhus and that people read so much into it.

Cnaiur's possession by Ajokli, stumbling blind into the Whirlwind, has been in the plan for decades.

Bakker was genuinely upset when we showed him all the typos in TUC as proof that Overlook is doing a poor job.
To know is to have power over the world. To believe is to have power over men.

codebread

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 02:51:32 pm »
Bakker was nonplussed by the name Crabbicus, and he seemed almost offended that we've starting calling the first book of TNG The Crabiqiad.

He still seemed surprised at the idea of Baby Kellhus and that people read so much into it.

Cnaiur's possession by Ajokli, stumbling blind into the Whirlwind, has been in the plan for decades.

Bakker was genuinely upset when we showed him all the typos in TUC as proof that Overlook is doing a poor job.

This is what I was hoping for in this thread :) Thanks for sharing!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2017, 03:25:09 pm »
Also, what prompted him to say that? Did someone ask about them first or did he simply say "no questions about halos" before the Q&A began?

Some moments were not for the rest of you.

ah look a new clique lol
lmao. Yes yes, let me hold my privilege over you.
Nah I just meant it was a fairly personal setting and some moments beyond the book discussion were just conversational. And besides, I'm encouraging the rest of you to come 'next year'. At least I didn't call for a media blackout since we didn't sell enough tickets ;) .

Who knows how many hidden cliques there are here, ya know? ARC readers, manuscript readers, these Nascenti, etc. We've got titles and groups for those who need be separated from the rest (or do we??). To cull the willing from the herd, as it were ;) . That's how we maintain our control, separating everyone into isolated cells and pitting them against eachother. *maniacal laugh*.

Oh, who was it, Tividar I think, late one night said something to the effect of "Wilshire I thought you'd be more of an asshole". This greatly amused me. Defying expectations is favorite :D. (Tividar if you remember exactly what you said, please quote for me lol).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 03:27:43 pm »
Sorry not current in this thread. Did anyone mention meta-meta-gnostic sorcery yet? Basically Super Saiyan 3.

codebread

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2017, 03:40:46 pm »
Sorry not current in this thread. Did anyone mention meta-meta-gnostic sorcery yet? Basically Super Saiyan 3.

Is this an actual (theoretical) thing?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2017, 03:52:25 pm »

Nice, Woden!

Somewhere near the start of Friday Q/A somone asked a questions about something, Kellhus maybe?, and in the answers he tacked on "and no questions about halos" - that is my vague memory. Good thing I got recordings and we won't have to rely on my shit memory once we type it up.

I think this was the start of Saturday's post-signing, informal Q&A.

-And no, I have no intention of posting the recordings. Some moments were not for the rest of you. Come to the next one ;) . Bakker the Younger will be posting plenty of stuff for you all eventually, and we'll be posting pictures. I've got a great one of him signing the Coffers :D .

Plus Tivadar, HOY, or I need to polish the recordings and pass them by Bakker, which will take time.

I'm working on presentable transcripts shortly. There's a lot of content for the Nascenti to share over the days and weeks to come.

Petty. Almost nauseatingly similar to jealous small-minded disciples hoarding their master's words for temporal power.  This author, future Zaudunyani cons and this work will not be served by secrecy of any kind.  Martin, Abercrombie and Rothfuss are most well served by fans shouting to the heaven's and across reddit anytime they get a chance to hear thoughts from their favorite scribe.

Get out of the way and spread the word.

Edit(s): Added the damage to future cons and grammar.

Well, I mean... we're going to share everything we can probably. The audio recording might be a sticking issue but Bakker the Brother got most of the same stuff captured on video.

I don't think that's entirely fair. Wilshire has already been kind enough to share alot with us, and will probably continue to share with us. While I do.wish that he would share the recording, he has no obligation to, and I understand why he wouldn't. Bakker probably told the nascenti to keep certain things confidential to avoid spoilers for the rest of us

There are definitely stories that only seem right to hear from TMH. Some deeply personal and intense conversations were had among the group of us.

Yeah, he didn't like that at all... but it's such a good name and consistent with Bakker's words so far about TNG. You can't call it the Sagas, tell us the Crabicus' story might be a whole book, and then not have us use the naming conventions provided to us so far.

I'll bet it's a McCarthy thing: the Boy was to rename Nameless, I suppose.

Drafted in his early twenties, even :o!

Indeed, though, post-Zaudunyanicon, he thinks he figured out what happened...

ah look a new clique lol

lmao. Yes yes, let me hold my privilege over you.
Nah I just meant it was a fairly personal setting and some moments beyond the book discussion were just conversational. And besides, I'm encouraging the rest of you to come 'next year'. At least I didn't call for a media blackout since we didn't sell enough tickets ;).

Lmao.

Who knows how many hidden cliques there are here, ya know? ARC readers, manuscript readers, these Nascenti, etc. We've got titles and groups for those who need be separated from the rest (or do we??). To cull the willing from the herd, as it were ;) . That's how we maintain our control, separating everyone into isolated cells and pitting them against eachother. *maniacal laugh*.

Oh, who was it, Tividar I think, late one night said something to the effect of "Wilshire I thought you'd be more of an asshole". This greatly amused me. Defying expectations is favorite :D. (Tividar if you remember exactly what you said, please quote for me lol).

Lmao, as I said, if you're an asshole, I can't imagine there's a word harsh enough for me.

Nah, but seems opportune to do so - though, if it comes from me it's 60% less true 100% of the time, so I'm going to continue to let others share their unique reality-tunnels.

Plus be going through the audio to transcribe so at least then I'll be able to source proof.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »

Is this an actual (theoretical) thing?

Well, I don't see why not.  I mean, there shouldn't be a theoretical limit to how many things you don't say.

Of course, there is a practical limit to those by individual, but who knows what it would be...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 04:07:02 pm »
Crabicus story might be a whole book, huh?
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 04:14:25 pm »

Somewhere near the start of Friday Q/A somone asked a questions about something, Kellhus maybe?, and in the answers he tacked on "and no questions about halos" - that is my vague memory. Good thing I got recordings and we won't have to rely on my shit memory once we type it up.

-And no, I have no intention of posting the recordings. Some moments were not for the rest of you. Come to the next one ;) . Bakker the Younger will be posting plenty of stuff for you all eventually, and we'll be posting pictures. I've got a great one of him signing the Coffers :D .

Petty. Almost nauseatingly similar to jealous small-minded disciples hoarding their master's words for temporal power.  This author, future Zaudunyani cons and this work will not be served by secrecy of any kind.  Martin, Abercrombie and Rothfuss are most well served by fans shouting to the heaven's and across reddit anytime they get a chance to hear thoughts from their favorite scribe.

Oh, lol, sorry I missed this. Even if you are serious, you were invited the same as everyone else. Come 'next year' and do as you will.
And you're always welcome to make your own forum, develop your own relationships, forge your own community, make your own plans with Bakker, and hold your own fun gatherings. I'd imagine they'd be much better than the shit we've been able to pull together - let's be honest, Zaudunyanicon was a failure (really guys, 9 people?), so make a better one next year. I'd much rather go to one or watch the video than have to plan it.

Or stay here and wait for whatever scraps drop from 'jealous small-minded disciples' lol. As always, thanks for commenting, every bit helps spread the word :) .

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 04:14:35 pm »

Well to be fair, Spooky is kind of correct on this.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2017, 04:18:01 pm »

Oh, lol, sorry I missed this. Even if you are serious, you were invited the same as everyone else. Come 'next year' and do as you will.
And you're always welcome to make your own forum, develop your own relationships, forge your own community, make your own plans with Bakker, and hold your own fun gatherings. I'd imagine they'd be much better than the shit we've been able to pull together - let's be honest, Zaudunyanicon was a failure (really guys, 9 people?), so make a better one next year. I'd much rather go to one or watch the video than have to plan it.

Or stay here and wait for whatever scraps drop from 'jealous small-minded disciples' lol. As always, thanks for commenting, every bit helps spread the word :) .
Zaudunyannicon wasn't a failure, it was just something for fun and if you had that then it was a success :)
However, the "come next year" logic is flawed. As not everyone is a millionaire who lives in the house next to Bakker and have infinite free time.