Elon Musk: The Architect of Tomorrow

• 16 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 07:28:22 pm »
Does that absurdity you surmise a result of your perceived insight or lack of understanding of what is going on?

The bold has something like three or four Tao specific connotations therein that I can't possibly understand without context on your part. You'd have to unpack that latter portion for me before I can even try to give you a coherent answer.

You make an intense observation, relegating so much of what's regarded as important to others as ( can't find another appropriate word for absurd here ... empty? ). Do you think you see this all encompassing absurdity because you have better "sight"? Or are you simply expressing confusion at it all?

Is it, "Curious so many take our reality so seriously since it clearly has no meaning/direction/point" ...

Or is it, "Christ, I can't make sense of any of it"

Or other, maybe I'm not following you to reduce my question to only 2 avenues? There's texture to everything, reducing to 2 sources of your observation/understanding is for brevity of conversation, but expand if you like.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 10:26:25 pm »
You make an intense observation, relegating so much of what's regarded as important to others as ( can't find another appropriate word for absurd here ... empty? ).

absurd

adjective

wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate: the allegations are patently absurd.
• arousing amusement or derision; ridiculous: it may look absurd, but having a treadmill desk could improve your attention span.

That's my Oxford Dictionary definition. Any of those, excepting derision, is acceptable as far as I'm perceiving and using the word.

I definitely don't use absurd to mean empty. Experience is still very "rich" or "full" to me, despite the perceived absurdity. Overwhelmingly so, often.

Do you think you see this all encompassing absurdity because you have better "sight"? Or are you simply expressing confusion at it all?

Is it, "Curious so many take our reality so seriously since it clearly has no meaning/direction/point" ...

Or is it, "Christ, I can't make sense of any of it"

Neither to the pair of questions?

I think I actually take our reality more seriously than most do and I certainly don't think "since it clearly has no meaning/direction/point." I don't have the conceit to declare any which way - one friend, long ago, called me "a truly lost soul" (without religious Damned connotations - he meant without beliefs to orient myself, I imagine).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:28:14 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer