• The Second Apocalypse
« on: March 26, 2017, 04:14:31 pm »
-----------
Check here for updates:

http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=2175.msg33737#msg33737

What: Zaudunyanicon 2017

When: August Fri, 11 – Sun, 13

Where: Holiday Inn, 855 Wellington Road South, London, ON N6E 3N5, Canada

Again, there is a new thread, now that we have some real information and dates.
---------

Alright, Wilshire prompted me to make this happen the other day so here we go.

As some of you know, MG, FB, GJ, Camlost, and myself pilgrimaged to Wilshire's last summer to pick up our copies of TGO, buy way too much food, eat too little of it, and set all time American drinking records. I'm way outstanding on posting picture proof but I can promise fun was had - GJ and I golfed and MG loves naps, meatball subs, and pie and ice cream (as I recall ;) ).

We're hoping to up the ante this year with Zaudunyanicon 2017 in London, Ontario, make it another great weekend, and hopefully garnish with a token appearence by the man himself.

I'm just looking to gauge interest before I look into booking a hotel venue and Wilshire admonished me to do so while flights are still cheap (as we're hoping to do this late July/early August).

Sound off, friends. Let us make it so :D!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:50:49 pm by Wilshire »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Nil Sertrax

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 04:26:05 pm »
Depending on the details I might be talked into this!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 05:20:48 pm »

Anyway, we're a bit late on sending out the public invite, so if this event is actually going to happen we'll need responses soonish. We just  need to know:

Are you interested?
Could you potentially go?

Keep in mind if we get a small handful of us there we might be able to convince Bakker to come. And I'll tell you, he doesnt make many appearances, so if you ever want a signed book... this would be it.

London Canada is close to Niagra falls, maybe that's a bargaining chip you can use to help convince your self/husband/wife/SO/family

Make it real! TUC release party, Bakker signing/speech/reading/interview/who knows, actually talk IRL with fellow humans that read TSA... we can't do it though if no one shows up.

Leave a comment.
Or Message me here, or faceboom, or reddit, or wherever else you might have come accross my contact info. Or message Bakkerfans, or Madness. Tons of ways to contact us, pick any one them.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 09:21:11 pm »
That's about a ~3 hour drive from my house. Just a stone's throw south of Buffalo, NY. I guueeeess I can be bothered to go. :P

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 09:27:55 pm »
Interest?  Yes.

Can do it?  Not sure.

Family vacation for me is the end of June, so the bigger distance between that and this is the bigger chance I can make it.

How many days were you guys thinking of?  Weekdays?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 09:33:11 pm »
Barring some unforeseen disaster, I will be there. Any ideas on the venue/lodging? I remember talk about a pool hall or something such, unless I'm making up memories again.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 10:45:43 pm »
I would love to attend, but life circumstances make it impossible this year. But in future years, it should become much easier for me to travel. Hoist a few for me,  guys.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 04:05:12 pm »
Yeah I live too far away and have too little money.

Gorgorotterath

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 04:44:49 pm »
Are you interested? Sure I am!

Could you potentially go? I could...the fact is that I was planning a 2-week trip to (a small part of) Ontario and possibly Newfoundland, so this event could fit pretty well! My idea was to come to Canada the second half of August, but this could be easily moved to the first half or so if you provide me with the possible dates. Coming in July would be a problem I fear...just for the record I would be coming from the UK.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 05:40:02 pm »
Details are still not really decided upon. Weekend almost certainly, maybe just one saturday. Really depends on how much interest. Costs money to rent a space, so I'm not sure how much would be affordable, how much time people would really want to be around for. On the one hand, if you're close by, a single say probably seems reasonable, on the other hand people that are farther out might not want to travel for just one day of whatever it is we're doing.

I imagine Bakker's attendance is key. He doesn't really do signings, readings, whatevers, either online or IRL, so an event like this would be one of the few times that might actually happen.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 07:10:17 pm »
Interested I am...
Going I am probably not. Why, asks you? Answered the question some Merchant did:
Yeah I live too far away and have too little money.
[/b]
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 08:08:53 pm »
Canada is far away for most people - even people in Canada lol. But That's where Mr. Bakker resides, so this is where we must go.

If its just me and Madness hanging out with Bakker, I won't complain much, but it'd be better if more fans can partake.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 08:46:00 pm »
I'd love to come, wether or not that is possible....another story. I'd need to know a date and all that. Then chances are still miniscule, but I would try.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 12:23:55 pm »
Yeah but i have this ocean thing to cross as well. I would road-trip drive it if i could.I have a car and plenty of time, Or walk it.

In fact it would only be fitting if i walked it. The slog of slogs, boys!!!

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 12:43:07 pm »
Yeah but i have this ocean thing to cross as well. I would road-trip drive it if i could.I have a car and plenty of time, Or walk it.

In fact it would only be fitting if i walked it. The slog of slogs, boys!!!

"No sinking on the Slog!"
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson