Dreams, No God, Serwa

• 4 Replies

Mus3s

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: December 13, 2017, 09:40:53 am »
any opinions on how the dreams were tied up?
is Serwa dead?
who hacked akas dream and the timing of it?
and was sorweel always doomed to become white lucky at yawter's convenience? feel a little lead on that he might have had a say on whether he was going to kill kelhus but it seems like he was possesd and turned into the white luck?

and im still quite baffled by head on the post concept, i remember reading it in the book and it went over my head. How did it help him survive his descend to hell, and is it related to kelhus's voice head showing him vision etc.

Not the best ending imo... seeing kelhus salted was a gut punch, but he was never one to pander to the common taste. just quite grateful he aint making us wait 7 yrs for 1 book. and there's 1 more series to look forward to so thats pretty god damn great.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 01:11:52 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Mus3s.

any opinions on how the dreams were tied up?

As it stands? I really expect more going forward from the "Prophet of the Past" narrative - why Achamian is Dreaming people other than Seswatha, even asleep - as in the case of Nau-Cayuti. I know that readers fixated on the  Dream morsels we got through TAE and in pretty classic Bakker fashion, I expect that those moments were to serve as more setup for TNG rather than being a substantial thread in TAE (or parallel even, as seemed the case in PON).

is Serwa dead?

I don't believe so but who knows, I can't imagine there are any contemporary Earwan healers left skilled at treating Wracu burns. Though, Sejenus did heal Horomon, Kellhus healed no one, and Mimara has yet to express such Prophetess agency...

They're all doing Qirri now anyways? But I can't imagine any Nonmen remaining with the Ordeal are going to appreciate that practice.

who hacked akas dream and the timing of it?

You'd have to cite some specific instances. I'm personally in the camp that Gilgaol visits Celmomas in the TGO Dream. I know MG - and others - are firmly opposed and believe it to be Ajokli. Bakker further complicated interpretations by telling us at Zaudunyanicon that he hadn't decided who between the two would appear in TUC's end Ajokli scenes before beginning TJE.

and was sorweel always doomed to become white lucky at yawter's convenience? feel a little lead on that he might have had a say on whether he was going to kill kelhus but it seems like he was possesd and turned into the white luck?

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff - Yatwer likely had the luxury of knowing that Sorweel would always be broken by his return to the Ordeal following his time in Ishterebinth.

Though, I do find it interesting that the Nonmen suggested that Yatwer was using two White-Luck Warriors to "game her sister, Fate," (badly paraphrasing).

Not the best ending imo... seeing kelhus salted was a gut punch, but he was never one to pander to the common taste. just quite grateful he aint making us wait 7 yrs for 1 book. and there's 1 more series to look forward to so thats pretty god damn great.

It's definitely a divisive end to TAE.

Again, welcome.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:13:57 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 02:43:57 pm »
But I can't imagine any Nonmen remaining with the Ordeal are going to appreciate that practice.

Don't know about that - Cleric started the practice and perhaps sacrificed himself to Akka knowing he would need "him" to continue to Ishual. Me thinks there's more to quiri than the objective benefits - some connection occurs for which non-men may not consider a violation or disrespect, even flattery that humans still need/rely on them.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 07:59:21 pm »
That one was a brilliant move by Bakker, make it seem like he has agency, only to rip it all away.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 08:18:16 pm »
That one was a brilliant move by Bakker, make it seem like he has agency, only to rip it all away.
The same transformation takes place in the first WLW - we just don't follow him around for 4 books first :P .
One of the other conditions of possibility.