The Vigil and the Threshold

• 1 Replies

Wolfdrop

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« on: August 24, 2017, 02:12:49 pm »
From reading TUC and The False Sun, is anyone else if the opinion that the Threshold and the Vigil is one of the same? The platform near the top of the Upright Horn next to the door to the Golden Room.

It seems like another name for the same thing.

Now, if it's "the hanging porch of the Barricades", it should follow that the Barricades and the Portal are the same too?

I had always thought the Barricades encircled all of Golgerrath or was some sort of glamour, but given that the door is iron/nimil compared to the soggomant of the Horn, it makes me think that this is the door that Kellhus forces Aurang to open, and the same door that Mekeritrig needed the Mathesis Pin to pick the lock rather than break it down.

So basically Emilidis made a fancy automatic door...

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 02:34:21 pm »
I think the Threshold and the Vigil might be the same, certainly. They seem to share all the same features. Though, the Vigil seemed primarily described as (from what I recall) stone and the Threshold as iron. But a minor thing.

However, I got the impression the Barricades were truly destroyed and the Consult just put up a really good door later. The False Sun made it sound like they were 'constructions of nimil and light' and were truly shattered after their sundering.