• 78 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« on: May 02, 2016, 09:20:19 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Great-Ordeal-Book-Three-The-Aspect-Emperor-by-R-Scott-Bakker-ARC-8-16-/272227979110?

I'll not say its a good deal, as its very likely going to be way over priced, but you can bid for an ARC of TGO currently. Good luck.

Listing sold for $76.

Below a TGO ARC was purchased for $15.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:40:21 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 12:17:03 am »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Great-Ordeal-Book-Three-The-Aspect-Emperor-by-R-Scott-Bakker-ARC-8-16-/272227979110?

I'll not say its a good deal, as its very likely going to be way over priced, but you can bid for an ARC of TGO currently. Good luck.

Your post made me curious, so I searched eBay from my phone (app was logged in and I didn't feel like logging in on this comptuter).  Low and behold, I found a copy of the ARC for 15 bucks and 3 dollars shipping.  Bought it.  Fingers crossed...

EDIT: Here was the listing...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:20:12 am by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 12:30:05 am »
Your name have entered the list of legends.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 04:01:36 am »
Nice, great find H. Glad I could be of service. As I said above, that's probably what a Bakker ABC is worth, but a steal at this current point of time. Enjoy it
 But if you spoiler it out of proper forum and tags, I'm going to have to murder you.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 10:12:35 am »
Nice, great find H. Glad I could be of service. As I said above, that's probably what a Bakker ABC is worth, but a steal at this current point of time. Enjoy it
 But if you spoiler it out of proper forum and tags, I'm going to have to murder you.

Haha, no, if it does come in (it will be at least a week from now, ugh, media mail) I'm not saying a damn thing.  Except I may give my opinion whether or not I think it is TTT level or not.

If it's here approximately on it's projected date (it tells me the 10th) I might be able to work out a deal with you if you want to read it in June,  ;)
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 12:56:23 pm »
Haha, no sir. I will read it with the rest of the rabble. Enjoy it yourself! (I'll tell you what I told MG, if you send it to me, you'll never see it again. It will go into the coffers, and I will horde it with my others ;) )

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 01:23:04 pm »
Because Wilshire the Book-Wracu ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 02:16:07 pm »
IS NOT TRUTH INFINITE

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 05:16:46 pm »
IS NOT TRUTH INFINITE

TWISTING IN THE VOID OF eBAY FOR SAILING AGES!

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 07:09:32 pm »
I just checked and there is another being bidded on at the moment. Last i checked it was $55. I'd buy it if I didn't already pre-order the hardback and Kindle. Alas, I can wait two more months
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 10:23:42 am »
I just checked and there is another being bidded on at the moment. Last i checked it was $55. I'd buy it if I didn't already pre-order the hardback and Kindle. Alas, I can wait two more months

Yeah, that was the first one that Wilshire had posted about.

My ARC has a tracking number (I've never seen one given for media mail before) and it says it is on it's way from the other side of the country.  Fingers crossed.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 10:47:15 am »
IS NOT TRUTH INFINITE
Show me one truth and you shall have your merest fraction.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 03:42:48 pm »
Split topics because if this is going to keep happening I dont want it cluttering my other topic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Great-Ordeal-Book-Three-The-Aspect-Emperor-by-R-Scott-Bakker-ARC-8-16-/272237010886?hash=item3f62971fc6:g:rvoAAOSwubRXI7S7

Same seller.
Same beginning list price (~$30)
Same auction time (5 days)
Currently the only placed bid is not someone who visibly participated in the previous auction mentioned up-thread.

FYI - according to the seller, he purchased several copies from someone. I don't know how many several is.

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 05:34:19 pm »
Another ARC for sale.. http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=272248203667&fromWatch=true

It says not for sale on the cover. Heh.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 12:26:37 am »
Well that one got expensive fast.  I guess it's not quite as bad as it's being sold by the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library and therefore, is a charitable donation.  Still...