Unholy Consultation - *SUPER SPOILERIFIC*

• 201 Replies

Anwurat

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2017, 02:57:53 pm »
Wait, the Mutilated are the sons of Imimorul? Also, such a bummer about the lost posts...

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2017, 03:35:27 pm »
Okay, so I just spent 3 hours typing nonstop answering every question on the topic summary and only the last two posted... Oof...

Sorry guys. I'm shaking with rage at the moment. Not sure when I'll have a chance to get back to these... You might want to save them for the AMA.
Lmao..... Just.... Lmao. When my luck mixes with Bakker on the internet.... Yeah, nothing unexpected here.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2017, 04:10:46 pm »
Wait, the Mutilated are the sons of Imimorul? Also, such a bummer about the lost posts...
No, he's referring to Ciogli's second question.  Also, the Mutilated might actually be Kellhus's literal brothers. We know that Kellhus is a prodigy among the Dûnyain, and the only other Dûnyain survivors we see also happen to be Anasûrimbors. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not...

Bummer about the lost answers, Bakker. Is there a planned date for the AMA yet?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:42:58 pm by tleilaxu »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2017, 04:23:54 pm »
Ouch on 3 hours of work going missing...

Well Kellhus was a prodigy, Old Moe was the "better" of the other folk who killed themselves and Koringhus was beyond all other brethern. So that's 3 generations also the anasurimbor Seed is the most promising of the 12 germs.

I suspect Crabicus will be similarly gifted, but obviously he is unfettered, not born on the road anymore. (see Koringhus musing in TGO) . On the where is Crabicus debate? He's probably the most talented brain left in existence, no chance he was going to turn up at the Ark he's spent his life as the understudy to The Survivor. Sure Akka and Mimara are heading that way to save Esme, although they tell themselves it's to judge Kellhus.  Crabicus probably wisely decided to head the opposite direction of the mushroom cloud, the crazed wizard, the pregnant lady who caused your father to commit suicide, and the horde of syclenvendi led by a total maniac.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2017, 04:52:17 pm »

AMA is on r/fantasy on this Wednesday, Aug 2nd.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:58:12 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

CondYoke

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2017, 05:05:01 pm »
No, he's referring to Ciogli's second question.  Also, the Mutilated might actually be Kellhus's literal brothers. We know that Kellhus is a prodigy among the Dûnyain, and the only other Dûnyain survivors we see also happen to be Anasûrimbors. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not...

I thought about it- if the Mutilated were one of his actual brothers, they'd have no need for an anasurimbor to start the No-God.  I don't see them holding back their own lives in the face of obtaining the Absolute.
But I still want to know which one is the Pragma!

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2017, 05:23:30 pm »
Maybe it is not simply any Anasurimbor they needed, and in a place as confined as Ishual everybody would already be closely related.  Maybe same father or mother, or both. Or sons or even nephews.
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2017, 05:54:35 pm »
It was almost certainly my own damn fault. I kept ctrl A-ing and ctrl C-ing to prevent just such a thing happening. My guess is that I simply forgot to click off the select All highlight before clicking quote on the first of the two answers that did appear.

Losing my harddrive has shortened my fuse for such things, I think. I bloody snapped.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2017, 06:10:40 pm »
Is the caged Dûnyain a defective? "on a voice like bundled reeds" <- was he in the process of getting his larynx removed when the Consult attacked?

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2017, 06:14:48 pm »
I found the whole bloody book posted *online* shortly after. Be sure to let every Yar you meet that pirating midlisters amounts to killing professional risk-taking. Talk about shitting where you eat.

One of those days.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2017, 06:31:38 pm »
I will never understand pirating books. The kindle versions are so cheap that the pirating thing is question of pure, inchoroi evil.

I have bought the hardcover book and because its delay on Amazon.es also bought the kindle version without problem. I make proselytism of the saga with all my friends (my only complaint about it is that The Aspect-Emperor has not yet spanish translation, so my task is a little more difficult in this remote corner of the Three Seas).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 07:16:23 pm by Woden »
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2017, 07:23:25 pm »
Just as some feedback for what it is worth, I love the book. It's my favourite one out of the seven so far. It beat The Warrior Prophet into 2nd place, which I didn't expect at all.

Also i'm probably in the minority but as I said to Madness right after i finished. I'd be cool if that was it. Before anyone gets onto me though, remember Madness was alright with it being the end after TGO. So get him first ;)

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2017, 10:59:58 pm »
Much appreciated the time spent with answers, Scott! It was good that you tried, if you'll let yourself be told that :) Mourning your lost post all the same, o/c. It's probably better to use word for really big posts then copy them over - this is something I've told myself after losing a post. Then eventually I just fall back to using the betraying text box of a forum!

MisterGuyMan

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2017, 01:19:21 am »
Thanks for answering my question.  Can't wait to start The No-God series!

I'll just quote this other poster's question since I've been waiting with my breath held since he posted it:
3- what can you say about Kellhus' role in TSTSNBN?  still a major player?
I need to know this!

Kamakazikitteh

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2017, 01:37:33 am »
It really does suck seeing a smaller author like yourself get pirated.
Hopefully with the release of tuc new little scranc will join this demented little hoard.