[TUC Spoilers] The official "keeping track of contribution to the wiki" thread

• 19 Replies

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:10:13 pm »
This might be helpful for me (and anyone else who wants to contribute) to figure out what has been done and what still needs to be done. Other people may want to comment on my edits if they disagree with parts of those and whatnot.

Things of note I did recently:
-Complete rework and expansion of the "Anasûrimbor Theliopa" page
-Creation of the "Nameless one" page
-Creation of the "Nersei Miramis" page (I might have messed up a bit with this one, as I named it just "Miramis" at first and only changed the name later on)
-Creation of the "Nersei Xinemus" page
-Creation of the "Nersei Thaila (younger)" page
-Creation of the "Nersei Thaila (elder)" page
-Expansion of the "Appearance" sections of the "Anasûrimbor Kayûtas", "Anasûrimbor Serwa", "Anasûrimbor Inrilatas", "Anasûrimbor Kelmomas" and "Anasûrimbor Samarmas" pages
-Expansion of the "Iëva" page
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 01:22:12 pm »
Great work, TOT.

As time allows, I'll make these my wiki perusals and see if I can offer anything to sharpen your entries.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 01:34:52 pm »
Great work, TOT.

As time allows, I'll make these my wiki perusals and see if I can offer anything to sharpen your entries.

Thanks, Madness! :)

Progress as of March 4, 2018:
-Rewrite and expansion of the "Appearance" section of the "Anasûrimbor Moënghus II" entry
-Further expansion of the "Appearance" section of the "Anasûrimbor Kayûtas", "Anasûrimbor Serwa", "Anasûrimbor Kelmomas" and "Anasûrimbor Samarmas" (mostly to add information from TUC)

I would also like to get some opinions on a few things I've thought about:
-First of all, I'm thinking of eventually creating pages for individuals whose names are never given in the series, but have some importance (and are mentioned more often than some named characters that have glossary entries...). I was mainly thinking of characters such as Cnaiür's mother, her child by Moënghus (I created a page for the "nameless one", so it's fair for this child to get one too), Xerius' father, Xerius' brother (Conphas' father), maybe Sorweel's mother as well.
-Considering the new information we got on Nau-Cayûti from TUC, would his actual year of death be 2143 (when he was presumably inserted into the Carapace) or 2155 (when the No-God was destroyed)? It's not entirely clear whether the person that gets placed into the Carapace is still "alive" in some sense of the word.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 02:11:55 pm »
I just wanted to tune in and say that I appreciate very much everything you're doing, ThoughtsOfThelli! It's really great that someone is working on the wiki, and in such a considered manner, no less.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 02:14:02 pm »
I just wanted to tune in and say that I appreciate very much everything you're doing, ThoughtsOfThelli! It's really great that someone is working on the wiki, and in such a considered manner, no less.

Thank you so much! :-[

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 04:18:09 pm »
Recent updates (from March 7, 2018):
-Expansion of the "Appearance" section of the "Mimara" page
-Addition of the "Mimara" page to the "Prophets" category (usually I don't mention category updates here, as I don't think they're important enough, but I felt this one was relevant)

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 07:56:01 pm »
(Everyone take a deep breath, this is an extensive one...)

Update, March 17, 2018:
-Updated the character list by adding 329(!) new characters (names of characters added under spoiler tag, as they are so many). Only names were added so far: brief descriptions and actual entries (if they do not exist already) will come later.
(click to show/hide)
-Changed "Tuthorsa" to "Beotha Tuthorsa" in the character list and renamed his wiki entry; also made some small edits to said entry.
-Changed "Kushigas" to "Ersa Kushigas" in the character list and renamed his wiki entry; also made some small edits to said entry.
-Changed "Imhailas" to "Gawol Imhailas" in the character list and renamed his wiki entry; also made some small edits to said entry.
-Changed "Shinurta" to "Khui Shinurta" in the character list.
-Changed "Semper" to "Midru Semper" in the character list and renamed his wiki entry; also made some small edits to said entry.
-Changed "Iyengar" to "Nûkulk Iyengar" in the character list and renamed his wiki entry; also made some small edits to said entry.
-Eskeles was in the character list twice, as "Eskeles" and "Thanteus Eskeles", so I deleted the former.
-Conger was misspelled as "Konger" in the character list, corrected that and changed his entry to the "C" section of the list.
-Oxwora was misspelled as "Oxwara" in the character list, corrected that.

EDIT: Did some work in the "A" section:
-In general - edited some already existing information and added links.
-Added brief descriptions (with help from the TUC glossary) to the following characters: Abbarsallas, Aisarinqu, Aisralu, Amrezzer the Black, Anasûrimbor Koringhus, Anasûrimbor Nanor-Mikhus, Anasûrimbor Nanor-Ukkerja VI, Aratrula the Mad, Aulyanau Cawa-Imvullar and Avalunsil.

EDIT #2:
-Added brief descriptions (again, thanks, TUC glossary!) to the following characters in the list: Borswelka IV, The Boy, Cet'moyol, Damial'isharin, Davdûl, Farjanjua, Kuxophus II, Linqirû, Lurijara, Masurkur, Moryror, Narunshinde, Oirasis, Symaul, Tsinirû, Ûlkû'kolil, Virimlû, Wulta-Ongorean, Xarah Wab-wabi and Yi'yariccas.
-Also edited Oirinas and Oirûnas' descriptions to match the information from their TUC glossary entries.

EDIT #3:
-Added brief descriptions to the remaining characters in the "A" section: Aälsa, Aelswë, Amakûnir, Amarsla, Anchilas, Ars Sibbul, Asward, Aurili and Avarartu. Meaning the "A" section of the list is now complete in terms of descriptions (though 23/66 characters in this section don't yet have wiki entries).

And now, a small request from me: anyone who wants to volunteer to help me out and add brief descriptions/create articles for some of the characters listed above is very welcome!
I figured out which ones were missing from the wiki list through a full list of my own I created back in November/December, which has information about the books/short stories said characters appear/are mentioned in. So you can just ask me if you want to help and can't remember in which book character X appeared/don't feel like looking it up. Quite a few of these characters are just mentioned once or twice in the whole series, so creating entries and so on wouldn't really be hard work.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:42:39 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 08:03:55 pm »
Update as of March 19, 2018 (as I think I've already made too many edits to my previous post):
-Looking at my own character list, I realized some characters had slipped through the cracks (Anarlû, Arishal, Cûncari, Cundraul III, Girummû Tansiri and Mbotetulu) so I added those.
-Added brief descriptions to Anarlû, Arishal, Enpiralas, Par’sigiccas, Pil’kmiras, Rama and Tinnirin (the latter five are mentioned in The Four Revelations of Cinial'jin/Four Revelations).
-Later on, I also added "Nameless one" and Zikas to the list and provided brief descriptions for both.

Trivia for anyone who's curious: there are now 808 characters (or groups of characters, as it is the case for, say, the Mutilated or the Zikas) included in the list.
This number will most likely still grow, as a) more characters might have gone unnoticed, b) I've had the idea of making pages for some unnamed characters for some time now (as I mentioned in a previous post), and c) I have not added any characters from The Knife of Many Hands or The Carathayan as I have not read those stories (though I'm assuming that a few characters in the wiki list that weren't on mine are from one or both of those stories?).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:00:32 am by ThoughtsOfThelli »

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 01:00:01 am »
Update as of March 20, 2018:
-Added brief descriptions to all characters still missing one in the "B" (Bansipitas, Baribul, Bastion, Belmorn, Beotha Tûtmor, Biaxi Tarpellas, Bompothur and Byrikki), "C" (Callustras, Carû-Ignaini, Caxes Anthirul, Cel-Ongonean, Charampa, Chassain, Cilcûliccas, Cinial'jin, Clia Saxillas, Coithus Agabon, Coithus Narnol, Couras Nantilla, Cratianas, Cu'cirrurn, Cu'cûlol, Cu'huriol, Cu'mimiral, Cûncari, Cundraul III and Cutias Pansulla), "D" (Daybreak, Denthuel, Diremti brothers and Droettal) and "E" (Ekompiras, Ekyannus IX, Eliriqû, Emansi, Embas Eswarlû, Emburalk, Engûs, Epithiros, Eppaltros, Erathius, Ersa Homirras, Erydides, Escalumis, Eselos Mursidides and Ettwë Cundulkas) sections.
-Also did some editing in all already existing descriptions in those sections. Mainly added a few links (there might be way too many links on that page now, but whoever wants to edit next can feel free to remove them as they like) and kept the descriptions simple enough to avoid spoilers, such as mentions of the character in question's death (I think those should be limited to the character's wiki entry). For instance, concerning Aëngelas, I changed it from "A Werigdan warrior, interrogated and killed by the Consult" to just "A Werigdan warrior".

Update as of March 21, 2018:
-Added brief descriptions to all characters still missing one in the "F" (Feather and Foolhardy), "G" (Gaes Siklar, Galian, Gam, Gamag Nikussis, Gamarrah, Gangini, Ganus the Blind, Ganyama, Gaunum Barastas, Gaunum Peristus, Gavarus, Girûmmû Tansiri, Goettal Ekirick, Gora'jirau, Grinar Halikimmû, Grutha Pirag and Gwanwë), "H" (Hagazioz, Hagnar the Elder, Halas Siroyon, Hampei Sompas, Hapama Mopuraul, Harapior, Harlikarut urs Oknai, Hatturidas, Haubrezer, Hem Shibbo, Hem-Maristat, Hemrût ab Urmakthi, Herea, Heresius, Hiappus Irsalfus, Hiliapos, Hilikas, Hilu Akamis, Hintarates, Hirengar, Hish, Hoat, Horjon, Hosûtil, Hringa Vûkyelt, Hûnovis, Hunrilka and Hûtta-mimot), "I" (Iblil'accullil, Iërus Ilimenni, Ikkorl, Ilbaru, Ileni, Ils Hidarei, Im'inaral Lightbringer, Immiriccas, Impalpotas, Inrilil ab Cinganjehoi, Isholom, Issiral, Iswa and Iswolor), "J" (Jishamurtë, Jiss, Jukan, Juraleal and Juru) and "K" (Kakaliol, Keles Musyerius, Kemrates Danidas, Kensooras, Kima, Koracales, Krijates Empharas, Krû Gai and Ku'kumammu) sections.
-Again, also did some general editing to other entries in those sections, along the same lines as what was mentioned above.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:35:18 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 08:17:28 pm »
Update as of March 23, 2018:
-Noticed there was a character (Domilli) that hadn't been included, so I added him(?) to the list
-Added brief descriptions to all characters still missing one in the "L" (Ligesseras Arnius, Likaro and Linnû Arcastor), "M" (Maharta, Maranjehoi, Massar ab Kascamandri, Matmuth Ramgath, Matmuth Shorathises, Mbotetulu, Mebbee, Memplei Larsippas, Mepmerat, Meremnis, Merempompas, Migagurit urs Shanyorta, Mimomitta, Mimotil Cravenhearted, Minachasis, Mipharal, Mipharses, Mi'punial, Mirathais, Mirinqû, Mirûnwe, Mittades, Modhoraparta, Moimoriccas, Moithural, Morimhira, Mud Waigwa, Mu'miorn, Murathaur, Musammu Ezsiru, The Mutilated and Myrathimi), "N" (Naff, Namogritti Chorgah, Narsheidel, Nemukus Mirshoa, Nepimit Arsoghul, Nersei Miramis, Nersei Thaila (elder), Nersei Thaila (younger), Nersei Xinemus, Nganka'kull ut Imbaroon, Niehirren Halfhand, Nikkyûmenes, Niminian, Ninar, Nincama-Telesser, Nin'ciljiras, Nin'sariccas, Nirimenes, Niz-Hû, Nomiyal, Noon, Nuharlal Shukla, Nûkulk Osfringa, Nulla Vogneas, Nume and Nurbanu Ze), "O" (Obotegwa, Obwë Gûswuran, Ogadûl the Great, Oinaral Lastborn, Okkiür, Olissis, Omirji, Omrain, Orosis, Orsuleese the Faster, Orsuwick, Osilwas, Osseoratha, Lord Ostaroot, Ostaroot Tasweer and Othkut), "P" (Pafaras, Panarossa, Parmerses, Parsalates, Phiolos, Pim, Pirmees, Polpi Tharias, Porsi, Posodemas, Possu Hurminda, Powtha Iskaul and Puskarat), "R" (Rainon, Rash Soptet, Risaphial and Rûnidil) and "S" (Sadu'waralla ab Daza, Sampë Ussiliar, Sampileth Fire-singer, Sapharal, Saranjehoi, Sarpella, Sasal Charapatha, Sasal Umrapathur III, Scroll, Seratantas III, Serwë (skin-spy), Shilka Grimmel, Shimbor, Shoddû Akirapita, Shoddû Rapita III, Sholis Meerskatu, Shoss, Shressa Xinoyas, Sibawûl te Nurwul, Sirpal Onyarapû, Sirro, Skunxa, Skûtsa the Elder, Sokwë, Sosering Rauchurl, Sristai Croimas, Stubborn, Suberd, Sucoithus Hingeath, Sûjara-nin, Sumajil ut Hest, Surxacer, Sut Keopsis, Swanostol and Swayal) sections.
-Again, did some editing to other descriptions in those sections, etc., you know the rest.

For some reason, I can't get the links to the pages "Cû'jara-Cinmoi" and "Zsoronga ut Nganka'kull" to work within the character list page. And yes, I'm 99% sure I was spelling those names right at the time. Anyone think they can help with that?

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 03:36:35 pm »
Update as of March 24, 2018:
-Added brief descriptions to characters still missing one in the "T" (Temus Enhorû, Thassius, Thipil Mepiro, Thirûmmû Sek, Thurhig Bogyar, Tikirgal ab Ramitju, Tinurit, Tsilarcus, Tsonos, Tûborsa Hurm, Tusullian, Tynwur and Tzing), "U" (Ûliqara, Urbommû Adokarsa, Urbommû Hamazrel, Urdrûsû Marsalees, Urmakthi ab Makthi, Urskrux and Ûster Scraul), "V" (Valsarta, Vippol the Elder and Vûgalharsa), "W" (Weodwa, Weyukat, Wiglic, Wobazul, Woyengar, Wraelinu, Wulgulu and Wustamitas), "X" (Xarotas Harnilas), "Y" (Yagthrûta, Yapotis, Yatiskeres and Yerajaman) and "Z" (Zabwiri and Zerxei Triamarius II) sections of the character list.
-Again, pre-existing descriptions also subject to edit, same as before.

This means that the character list is officially up to date! (for now, at least)

Phase 2: Create wiki articles for characters who don't have one yet (391 out of the 809 characters in the list according to my calculations). Help is appreciated!

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 09:51:46 pm »
Update as of March 26, 2018:
-Created pages for the Company of Scions and the Stone Hags. Both are still fairly incomplete, consisting only of information from the TUC glossary, lists of known members and little more.
-Also updated the "Known Members" section of the "Skin Eaters" page.

Update as of March 27, 2018:
-Heresius was mistakenly listed as a member of the Skin Eaters instead of the Stone Hags in the character list; fixed that and added him to the "Known Members" section on the "Stone Hags" page.
-Did some editing on the "House Trimus", "House Biaxi", "House Zerxei", "House Ikurei", "Trimus Charcharius" and "Houses of the Congregate" pages.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:39:10 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 10:39:56 pm »
Update as of March 28, 2018:
-Created "House Daskas", "House Kiskei", "House Ligesseras", "House Gaunum" and "House Israti" pages. Not too much to say on most of those, short wiki articles overall. (I think that what else we learn from Serwë's POV about the members of House Gaunum should be left to the future specific character pages.)

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 03:54:52 pm »
Update as of May 03, 2018:
-Edited and updated the "Known Members" sections of the "Mandate", "Scarlet Spires", "Mysunsai", "Imperial Saik", "Swayal Compact", "Vokalati" and "Mithrûl" pages.
-Created the "Parthelsus" article.

Update as of May 04, 2018:
-Created the "Nirimenes" and "Zikas" pages.

Update as of May 07, 2018:
-Created the "Great Ordeal" category (character pages added to that category: Anasûrimbor Kayûtas, Anasûrimbor Kellhus, Anasûrimbor Moënghus II, Anasûrimbor Serwa, Apperens Saccarees, Carindûsû, Coithus Saubon, Heramari Iyokus, Nersei Proyas, Nirimenes, Nurbanu Soter, Porsparian, Rilding Werijean Greatheart, Thanteus Eskeles, Varalt Sorweel III, Warthût Ganrikka, Zsoronga ut Nganka'kull). Other characters will be added as their pages are created.
-Properly created the "Queens" category (which I had used previously for Nersei Miramis and Nersei Thaila (elder)).
-Edited and updated the "Known Members" sections of the "Sohonc" and "Mangaecca" pages.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:34:55 pm by ThoughtsOfThelli »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 04:30:47 pm »
Oh, I see you are now an Admin of the Wiki.

So much work, so little appreciation. Keep it up Thelli, you're awesome.
One of the other conditions of possibility.