[TUC Spoilers] The Decapitants.

• 17 Replies

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 07:58:05 am »
Something to start things off that no one else seems to have realized;

Kosoter was very likely the other decapitant.  :o

Lol, some readers here have certainly argued that Kosoter might have been a Decipitant at least since Ciphrang-Malowebi's creation in TGO, if not before, as far as I remember.

Mimara would settle the question for me, if we knew she saw Ciphrang under the Eye as differing from just Damned people.

For instance, merchant quoted the portion of TUC where Mimara sees Serwa trying to save them and Mimara labels her a Ciphrang and this differs from her "demon" description regarding Kosoter and the Skin Eaters (where demon might just be a descriptive word). Which, by that argument, would make Serwa a Decapitant (personally I'll err on Mimara being unable to distinguish actual Ciphrang-Characters, or then authorial error should she, say, later recognize a Ciphrang-Character as a Ciphrang head on a body with the Eye).

I think, based on some of FB's comments regarding the Atrocity Tales, the cipher of the Decapitants is that Kellhus has possibly created a number of Ciphrang-Characters, up to but not limited to Himself and Malowebi.

So I threw out the possibility that Kellhus hid a decapitant in the OUtside, but what if he jumped to Kosoter's head instead?!  And who the shit knows what needs to be done to reanimate him?  maybe as a Wathi(misspelled?) doll?  Lol then Achamian can replace his old one AND tell Kellhus what to do.  Ninety-nine birds, one hundred stones.

It would be cool having Kellhus inside a rotten head in the lap of Sarl with a horde of sranc in persecution.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »
Also madness this board is taking ages for me to type anything on it, press the keys looks like it is stuck, then 10 seconds later it all starts to type out including all the stuypif shit i pushed while i thought it was stuck.

If you have the rotating gears on the right of the screen that offer you to choose your primary color when clicked, then you should block those (presuming you have AdBlock). They are extremely poorly optimized and have an inordinate toll on CPU. I can PM you the AdBlock filter code for getting rid of them.

I'm going to see if we can't do something about that.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 02:58:53 pm »
Also madness this board is taking ages for me to type anything on it, press the keys looks like it is stuck, then 10 seconds later it all starts to type out including all the stuypif shit i pushed while i thought it was stuck.

If you have the rotating gears on the right of the screen that offer you to choose your primary color when clicked, then you should block those (presuming you have AdBlock). They are extremely poorly optimized and have an inordinate toll on CPU. I can PM you the AdBlock filter code for getting rid of them.

I'm going to see if we can't do something about that.
We can't - or didn't find out how.
Do you still have that code? I'd like to see it. This site obviously doesn't run ads, but I always run an adblocker and none, by default, have removed the color picker.

On topic, if Kellhus switched to Kosoter, he'd have Sarl for company. I like this idea, that Kellhus is trapped in a head tied to the beard of a raving lunatic.
"You cannot grasp that which cannot be seized" - ie Kellhus cannot manipulate an intellect that doesn't exist. The perfect prison.
One of the other conditions of possibility.