• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:04:49 pm »
Hooray for the author Q&A!

Hello Scott, how are you?  I hope your family is well, mine is ok.  I'm going to be a nurse!

A few questions...

1. I'm real curious about the particular religious background of the brain that came up with Earwa.  My own upbringing as a Calvinist has had an effect on just a whole lot of my life and I get the impression that you've got a story to tell about all this.

2. Why do you identiy yourself with Cujara Cinmoi?  I think of you as Akka.  I think of myself as Big Penis Man.

3. Why haven't the Consult attempted to recruit sorcerers from the three seas?

4. Is there a black market for fake chorae?

Thanks for coming out of your hermit cave for us!  We sure do like your stories.  I have X amount of time before I hit the grave and I do enjoy spending Y portion of X reading, rereading, and thinking about your Earwa.  I also like ice cream, bunnies, and rollerblading but this is not a forum for any of that stuff, so I'll say no more.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:11:45 pm »
A Nonman Quya on the slog, how about that!
Mr. Bakker....... NO FIBBING ON THE SLOG!!!

1. My first of many as they come to me. Is passion what makes Water/Psukhe possible?

2. I would ask about dragon&chorae, but I'm making Sci bring his rump over from the other site. NO SLACKERS ON THE SLOG!!!

Anyway let me get my fanboying out of the way.  I love you're writing. And I will murder the world to read the ending of TSTSNBN. There, enough gushing.  NO MORE FANBOYING ON THE SLOG!!!!!
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 12:47:01 pm »
I was raised in a troubled household split between my father, who hated religion, and my mother, who was an evangelical Christian. We *argued* at my dinner table - argued a lot. I had a conversion moment which I still remember distinctly, weeping, FEELING Jesus enter my heart, before becoming a teenager. Then I had another conversion moment, equally emotional, when I was fourteen, when I finally understood why that feeling had to be a lie.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 02:14:59 pm »

Then I had another conversion moment, equally emotional, when I was fourteen, when I finally understood why that feeling had to be a lie.

A > B > C > This thought I'm having now?

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 12:23:50 am »
Bingo... It thinks, therefore I was.

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 06:08:01 pm »
... and my mother, who was an evangelical Christian.

Bullseye.  I knew only a Protestant could have come up with something as Bibliolatrous as the Tusk.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit