Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 11:37:44 pm »
I love how a few days ago I was saying things like "i'm waiting till the 6th July" then someone can post a picture of TUC in a Waterstones 500 miles away and 25 minutes later I'm on a train station platform shivering cause i only have a hoodie over a basset hound t-shirt which is so small my gut hangs out the bottom a bit and old tracksuit bottoms covered in dog hair as a couple of hours before i was playing with my neighbours dog.

you might be asking why i'm here and not reading, I am waiting for my bath to fill :D

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 08:50:20 am »
I'm in dubio whether I should stick to waiting a few more weeks for the hardcover I ordered, or simply order a paperback instead...
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:08:57 am »
I love how a few days ago I was saying things like "i'm waiting till the 6th July" then someone can post a picture of TUC in a Waterstones 500 miles away and 25 minutes later I'm on a train station platform shivering cause i only have a hoodie over a basset hound t-shirt which is so small my gut hangs out the bottom a bit and old tracksuit bottoms covered in dog hair as a couple of hours before i was playing with my neighbours dog.

you might be asking why i'm here and not reading, I am waiting for my bath to fill :D

;)

Enjoy it... you'll have another, different problem soon: to not be able to discuss it yet. LOL

I'm in dubio whether I should stick to waiting a few more weeks for the hardcover I ordered, or simply order a paperback instead...

That's what I'm doing, though not at Waterstones, I can always buy the HC later on.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 11:11:17 am by Hiro »
Mystery denotes darkness

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 12:24:03 pm »

Lol, love it.

You're probably finished now already :o?!

Lol - all depends on what you want, Monkhound. There's always the ebook, if you need it early but still want the hardcover.

;)

Enjoy it... you'll have another, different problem soon: to not be able to discuss it yet. LOL

I'm going to what I can to make sure no one is discussing it before the 6th. It's only a week now!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 12:37:25 pm »
Yup, it seems awfully quiet suddenly, without the blessed certainty of Quorum.

otoh ---> threads activity will go up...
Mystery denotes darkness

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 01:13:22 pm »
Lol, Hiro. I'm always on Skype, which GJ and I have often used for text, if you want to bug me there ;).

Poor Quorumtender probably won't know what's happening when he logs on today.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 01:23:59 pm »
No not finsihed yet Madness. I started to get really tired, so put the book down and got a sleep, read the majority of the book though.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 01:54:22 pm »
No not finsihed yet Madness. I started to get really tired, so put the book down and got a sleep, read the majority of the book though.

Your skin must be *so* wrinkled...  ;D
Mystery denotes darkness

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 01:58:57 pm »

Enjoy TAE's finale - don't forget to explore the Glossary for us all!

Wow!

Lmao.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 02:52:37 pm »

Dude i just got to a bit that made me get out the bath, first time ever. Now i'm preparing myself before reading on.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 02:53:42 pm »
mine is the orbit trade paperback, not a hardcover was £14.99

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 03:02:25 pm »

Dude i just got to a bit that made me get out the bath, first time ever. Now i'm preparing myself before reading on.

Merch, do you claim that you not only are a master-bath-reader, but have major bath-sleeping capacities as well?

:)
Mystery denotes darkness

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 04:05:30 pm »
I'm famed for my bathing.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 12:25:08 am »
I'm so excited for this book...seriously, I went back into full Second Apocalypse obsession mode just because it's coming out so soon (even though I really, really, shouldn't because I still have very important work-related things to do this month...).

I ordered mine from Amazon last week, though it's only estimated to arrive sometime between the 14th and the 17th. :( Though that date may change once it's actually shipped? (on the 6th, I suppose)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)