What are you watching?

• 357 Replies

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 03:18:24 pm »
Not a show but I did see Batman vs Superman this weekend. I didn't think it was as good as Man of Steel but I enjoyed it as someone who likes his super hero movies big and loud. And there were plenty of great nods to the comic book readers throughout. It was about as good as I could hope it would be.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 02:21:54 pm »
The hair, though!  You must watch it for the hair!!!
BAHHH HA HA HA HA HA. Perfect.

A couple of shows that are awesome:
1. Bosch (cop show on Amazon Prime)
2. Luther (British cop show on Netflix)
3. GoT (obviously)
4. Sense8 (Netflix)
5. John Oliver (HBO)
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 02:38:35 pm »
Haven't seen Bosch or Luther.  GoT Every Sunday. I tried Sense8...  I don't know, not that I have a specific criticism, I just sort of petered out 5 or 6 episodes in.  I know it's building toward something, but I was struggling to keep attached to any of the storylines.  Maybe I'll try to pick it back up.  John Oliver is brilliant.

Some of my favs: Silicon Valley (HBO-so god-damn funny), Penny Dreadful (Showtime-great mashup horror), and Black Sails (Starz-best pirate show anywhere).  The Americans (FX-great cold-war spy drama).  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Archer (both FX, both hilarious).

Damn.  Looks like I watch a lot of TV.
No whistling on the slog!

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 07:51:40 pm »
Have any of you guys checked out The Preacher? Just caught the pilot so far and hadnt watched the next one. Supernatural going-ons, and I have no clue who is supposed to be on the side of good or evil from the pilot. Pretty good, nonetheless.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 12:32:14 am »
Haven't watched much recently. Been trying to not work and school again and read a bit (which is a terrible coping mechanism for not doing school work).

I was watching Vikings?

EDIT: Oh, and Game of Thrones.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Alia

• Kijneta
  • Of The Knife
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »
Vikings is the only series that I am watching - we're currently mid-way through season 3, season 4 is still waiting on the HDR. It's fun, it's well-made and it looks pretty realistic - although my husband, who has an MA in medieval history, would sometimes shout out things like "a rosary?! a helmet with a nose guard?! impossible". But then again, nobody else would notice.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom - William Blake

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 06:58:58 pm »
Lmao. He and I are kindred souls then :).

I often thought it was a well done show but then wondered how it would fare under academic scrutiny.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wic

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 08:43:52 pm »
Have any of you guys checked out The Preacher? Just caught the pilot so far and hadnt watched the next one. Supernatural going-ons, and I have no clue who is supposed to be on the side of good or evil from the pilot. Pretty good, nonetheless.
Have you read the comics?  Preacher was one of those adaptations that was talked about for years but nobody believed it would ever get off the ground. I have a couple of friends who also love the comics, and we agree - against all expectations, it is somehow both good and staying true to the voice of the original.

If you thought the pilot was pretty good, I'm confident the second episode will lock you in for the rest. The real scope of the story probably won't pan out for another few episodes at least, but man am I excited.

Alia

• Kijneta
  • Of The Knife
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 05:43:01 am »
I often thought it was a well done show but then wondered how it would fare under academic scrutiny.

As series go, this one is pretty OK from a historian's point of view. They do not make any glaring factual errors - I suppose sometimes someone in the costume department would just get carried away.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom - William Blake

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 01:07:47 am »
Have you read the comics?  Preacher was one of those adaptations that was talked about for years but nobody believed it would ever get off the ground. I have a couple of friends who also love the comics, and we agree - against all expectations, it is somehow both good and staying true to the voice of the original.

If you thought the pilot was pretty good, I'm confident the second episode will lock you in for the rest. The real scope of the story probably won't pan out for another few episodes at least, but man am I excited.

Never read the comics, never read any comics, tbh. This show is really good. It's exactly what I like, mystery, supernatural and  interesting characters. Man, A&E is fast becoming my go-to channel for new shows.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 03:05:41 pm »

Never read the comics, never read any comics, tbh. This show is really good. It's exactly what I like, mystery, supernatural and  interesting characters. Man, A&E is fast becoming my go-to channel for new shows.

I finally watched it. I've never read the comics but I'm very familiar with the artwork for some reason.

It's good! I don't really understand what's going on yet but I'm excited for episode four.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

FACto

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 07:59:13 pm »
I'm still on Breaking Bad - 5th season 13 episode. Been stuck there for weeks. Havent had time to watch it. Also stuck on the walking dead middle of season 5. Got annoyed with all that walking. :-\
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:21:00 pm by FACto »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2016, 08:16:07 pm »
A week or two ago I watched the first three episodes of Breaking Bad for the first time. Very good.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 02:00:19 am »
I'm still on Breaking Bad - 5th season 13 episode. Been stuck there for weeks. Havent had time to watch it. Also stuck on the walking dead middle of season 5. Got annoyed with all that walking.

I watched some of the middle seasons with an ex years ago. I need to go back and watch it in its entirety though.

Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, FACto.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 07:13:30 pm »
Madness, if you haven't watched BB you're missing out. Best show I've ever watched.

Preacher. This show is awesome. I love it. This last episode where they try to subdue the Angel in the hotel was great. Lot of good stuff going on. Check it out if you haven't.