PoN and custom leather book bindings (a reality)

• 51 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2015, 04:31:37 pm »
Starting to come together.

Boards finished, text block finished, spin finished.
Leather for label ordered (went with black, btw), hot-foil dies ordered.

Next week I will probably prep the leather and depending on how long that takes, put the leather on the book. After that, another day, I will be stamping the labels, cutting them out and putting them on the book. I might be done in a month two.

Or, rather, "done". The final piece will be the spine design, which is as of yet unfinished. I will probably wait as long as it takes for Bakker to acknowledge that he has seen my request  for the title translation. Maybe I'll go Shawshank Redemption and write a letter a week... Once I get the final design I will commission one of the binders to hand paint it on (or something, I'm still vague on the details), no idea how much that will cost or how long it will take.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2015, 05:08:45 pm »
I love how this is coming along.  Please post lots of pictures of the final product!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2015, 03:43:53 pm »
No worries, I'll post pictures of the whole process and final product, I've been taking several before/after each step. Will have to make a new topic since its not just a dream ;).

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2015, 02:18:06 pm »
Leather is on the book, still missing labels. I had to leave it at the binder to dry so I dont have it yet and no pictures, but its almost done now.

The dies came out really well, but its still very intricate and small so it may take some time to get it to come out correctly on the label. Once thats done, we put the label on the book, let it dry, and its done.

Where is a good place to upload the dozen-ish pictures I have o the process? Deviant art or something? Never really done that before. This way I can embed pictures in the new post I make rather than just have them as tiny attachments.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2015, 02:37:53 pm »
Where is a good place to upload the dozen-ish pictures I have o the process? Deviant art or something? Never really done that before. This way I can embed pictures in the new post I make rather than just have them as tiny attachments.

I'd use imgur.com, uploading is easy and they give you all the kinds of links you could need.

Can't wait to see how it looks!
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Francis Buck

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:55 pm »
Yeah imgur works pretty well. Could also do Facebook.

I need the pics!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2015, 08:50:40 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, I will do so.

Check out my project here when its finished:
http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1603.0

Still need to post pictures of the bound book and I have one step left to complete, but that will be where I post it.