mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:51:17 am »
Hello All!  Could everyone leave a post saying how you heard about the second-apocalypse.com?  If the forum is drawing a number of folks from specific places, then we could use that info to grow the participant level even more!

TO ALL YOU LURKERS OUT THERE!!!

Hi!  I'm glad you are lurking!  If it wouldn't trouble you too much, could you make an account and answer this topic?  I swear I won't use your account to find your real world address and stuff your mail box with leaflets: Vote Bakker Or Be Damned.  :)

EDIT: Also to Lurkers - there is a chat function on the home page 'Quorum' - you have to click on it to see it if you are not logged in, and you have to be logged in to chat.  Fun for chatting with the International Bakker Fan Club!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »
Lol, for sake of propriety.

Hi, I'm Madness. I founded the Second Apocalypse forum ;).

[EDIT Madness]: Lol - meant posterity.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:33:01 am by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 04:14:21 pm »
Ah yes, but that doesn't really answer the question Madness. What path did you take to create such a place.

I myself was looking for conversation post WLW. Stumbled onto the old Three Seas site, then to Westeros for a time. Not sure how exactly but I found the first rendition of Second-apocalypse, probably just continous google searches until I found some place that I could actually discuss things.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 04:34:56 pm »
Well, I read about Zombie Three Seas in late 2006, discovering it shortly after Bakker had disappeared. As ZTS slowly became overran by Spam Sranc, I began to post more and more on Westeros and became increasingly frustrated with the format and some members there. But, as we know, a relationship ended in early 2012 and instead of do something normal I made a space for this noosphere.

And that's that ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Alia

• Kijneta
  • Of The Knife
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 06:14:53 pm »
I was looking for some information regarding the books, I wanted to learn more about several aspects of Earwa and the story, so I started googling some phrases. And the forum simply popped up. Since I love forums and I'm already active on several (no facebook or anything like that, though), after short lurking I created an account.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom - William Blake

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 09:08:56 pm »
Found TSA from westeros.org. Somebody named Madness mentioned it once or twice. Love this place!
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,