Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:35:21 am »
Camlost has previously made a joke about me quipping TSA at work and I really do.

The other night, I nailed about four so I thought I'd start a thread. I know that SR is the undisputed King of TSA References at Work and GJ is his second so this might actually get interesting.

All references so made by me are loud (as is all in kitchen communication) and unintelligible to those who have not read TSA. And, of course, I offer no explanation other than a half-smirk, a laugh, and a twinkle in my eye ("save it for the cartoons, motherfucker" - Disciple).

- Our pivot (thee who calls out orders and controls the flow of food-making in the kitchen) called a "Crispy Chicken" (takes about seven minutes to cook) to one of the older cooks, who is about 40+. About that long later, the pivot asked where the CC was and the 40+ cook responds, "Crispy Chicken... ah fuck. I forgot to remember," to which I yelled out "He is Erratic!"

- "The wings are without beginning or end" in response to someone calling out for more chicken wings to be cooked.

- One of the high school kids who works part-time on weekends saw one of the closing supervisors cleaning during a 50+ open (that many individuals ordering at once) and asked him why he was cleaning when we were getting slammed (cooking for those 50+ people). It's actually very important to clean as you cook because a messy station is an inefficient station. I was across the kitchen and, of course, felt the need to yell "No slackers! Everyone cleans on the Slog." (The Slog gets a lot of metaphorical mileage during rushes).

- One of the closers was bitching about our chef (who is a paper chef - i.e. one who handles paperwork rather than cooking) grilling us about keeping up on bill times (how fast we're supposed to cook certain items and plate a table in cohesion). I shrugged and responded "he who does not ride with the People, is not of the People."

Looking forward to hearing the tales of other-folk.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:37:21 am by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 01:31:57 pm »
A few years back, during  an extended crunch getting a project wrapped up for a holiday release, I was on a conference call with our publisher and declared:

"Guys, we need to just accept it -- this is the Slog of Slogs."

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 03:39:22 pm »
I shrugged and responded "he who does not ride with the People, is not of the People."

lmao I really like this one.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 06:32:22 pm »
Too good not to share.

Come back on line. Buddy is like "Did you give him the ol' GJ?"

I stare blankly at the person for a second thinking they were talking about GJ, obviously ;).

"What?"

"The ol' Gum Job!"

Dying.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 09:24:49 pm »
Fuck ya. Dropped a "measure is unceasing" not moments ago. I saw the opportunity, May have smiled a little at odds with the joke I was making.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer