Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 02:23:58 pm »
Setmahaga fell first, struck in the eye by an absence affixed to the end of a stick. An explosion of burning salt …

So, the ciphrang actually salt.  I wonder if that supports the idea I had that they are actually damned sorcerers brought back...

I'm not sure I understand the question, Lord Sarku. The Ciphrang never walked the World, if that's what you're referring to. They're entities of the Outside, through and through.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 02:32:28 pm »
Setmahaga fell first, struck in the eye by an absence affixed to the end of a stick. An explosion of burning salt …

So, the ciphrang actually salt.  I wonder if that supports the idea I had that they are actually damned sorcerers brought back...

I'm not sure I understand the question, Lord Sarku. The Ciphrang never walked the World, if that's what you're referring to. They're entities of the Outside, through and through.

Hmm, interesting, time to toss that theory, haha.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 03:56:30 pm »
Lol - I am the Theory-Killer ;).

EDIT: Or He-Who-Cites-That-Which-Kills-Theories.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 09:41:55 pm »
Chapter 15

I have not my eyes with me,” Moënghus said, and Kellhus understood instantly that he referred to the asps used by his Cishaurim brethren. “I walk these halls by memory.

Aha, Moe we know you have your eyes though don't we? I believe he wanted to let Kellhus feel that he owned the situation here. But, he has then watching the events, and that should tell you why he dispatched the skin-spies so easily. Yet, his son was able to stick him with a knife like he had no idea it was coming. First piece of proof that Moe was up to way more here in Kyudea.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »
Or it was an explicit reference to just his eyes missing and Kellhus is an overconfident idiot - but still hale enough to dispatch a crippled old man.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 07:21:06 pm »
Chapter 15

I have not my eyes with me,” Moënghus said, and Kellhus understood instantly that he referred to the asps used by his Cishaurim brethren. “I walk these halls by memory.

Aha, Moe we know you have your eyes though don't we? I believe he wanted to let Kellhus feel that he owned the situation here. But, he has then watching the events, and that should tell you why he dispatched the skin-spies so easily. Yet, his son was able to stick him with a knife like he had no idea it was coming. First piece of proof that Moe was up to way more here in Kyudea.

He didn't at that time, i think. They walk to another chamber and that's where his eyes come out to him, although they could have slithered along behind them.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 07:41:52 pm »
When Kellhus stabs him? Right after he is stabbed the snakes come to him, IIRC.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,