• 57 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2016, 12:59:50 am »
Not sure, but I think its important to remember that they Mandate have a... Mandate ... to relinquish the Gnosis when the end of the world is nigh.

If so then why wouldn't Kellhus have to use the trick to be able to give the Gnosis to Kellhus? I'm not so sure Kellhus actually spoke to Seswatha, but rather some trick of his to take it from Akka. Having a hard time getting across my point. But, if that was the Mandate to spread the Gnosis, then why the trouble? Because, Kellhus hasn't grasped the heart?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2016, 11:23:04 am »
Not sure, but I think its important to remember that they Mandate have a... Mandate ... to relinquish the Gnosis when the end of the world is nigh.

If so then why wouldn't Kellhus have to use the trick to be able to give the Gnosis to Kellhus? I'm not so sure Kellhus actually spoke to Seswatha, but rather some trick of his to take it from Akka. Having a hard time getting across my point. But, if that was the Mandate to spread the Gnosis, then why the trouble? Because, Kellhus hasn't grasped the heart?

I don't recall this being said, but I am on the hunt for a citation of this.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »
Don't you remember when Akka we going t I start teaching cents to Kellhus, he couldn't speak? Then the talk with Ses. What I'm saying is if that is the Mandate, to share the Gnosis, then at y would Kellhus have to intervene?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2016, 01:09:19 pm »
Don't you remember when Akka we going t I start teaching cents to Kellhus, he couldn't speak? Then the talk with Ses. What I'm saying is if that is the Mandate, to share the Gnosis, then at y would Kellhus have to intervene?

Bleh, that was a quote-fail on my part.  I meant the part about the Gnosis being shared at the end of the world needing a citation.  I don't recall it ever being said that the Gnosis would shared ever.  I need to dig further though.

To add some actual content, I don't actually think that Kellhus "spoke to Seswatha" in that scene, I feel like he really just hypnotized Akka and put in a subconscious imperative to share the Gnosis in order to override the Seswatha-placed one not to share it.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2016, 05:07:20 pm »
It is thought by Akka in TWP (i think) perhaps when he leaves esmi and his camp, thinks something like didn't "Seswatha himself bid us to share" So my memory tells me, it may be wrong.

if you can search the books, i think a search for "seswatha himself bid" might turn it out.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:09:13 pm by themerchant »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2016, 05:16:19 pm »
ok did the search myself, I was spot on (sorry for boasting but i've read TWP a lot)

"Hadn't Seswatha himself bid them share their arsenal before the shadow fell." is the quote no idea where in the book though, i suspect where i said though.

it's the bit where he is walking to the library with Daybreak after his argument with esmi about 45% into the book.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:19:25 pm by themerchant »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2016, 05:24:18 pm »
ok did the search myself, I was spot on (sorry for boasting but i've read TWP a lot)

"Hadn't Seswatha himself bid them share their arsenal before the shadow fell." is the quote no idea where in the book though, i suspect where i said though.

it's the bit where he is walking to the library with Daybreak after his argument with esmi about 45% into the book.

Yeah, you're right, I totally missed it before.  Mainly because I was searching for "Gnosis" which isn't mentioned at all there, only on the previous paragraph.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2016, 05:26:31 pm »

Yeah, you're right, I totally missed it before.  Mainly because I was searching for "Gnosis" which isn't mentioned at all there, only on the previous paragraph.

Yeah fortunately my brain had "himself bid" as the memory, and that's the only time those two appear together in the whole book, made searching a lot easier :)

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2016, 05:31:30 pm »

Yeah fortunately my brain had "himself bid" as the memory, and that's the only time those two appear together in the whole book, made searching a lot easier :)

Strong memory.  Mine is no where near that good, especially not for words like that.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2016, 06:44:45 pm »
I believe it is also mentioned off-hand in AE somewhere, but TWP quote was the one I was remember, as I probably read that line a week ago (though I doubt I would have been able to find it on my own search).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2016, 05:30:49 am »
The Cnaiur sections in chapter 5 confuse me. Is Cnaiur under Consult compulsion or has he consciously made an alliance with the Consult here.

What is it that is nagging him that he cannot remember? He keeps saying he thinks he's forgetting something. Is he forgetting that serwe is dead, and that he's fucking a skin spy?
Odaini Concussion Cant first, ask questions later...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2016, 06:25:12 pm »
The Cnaiur sections in chapter 5 confuse me. Is Cnaiur under Consult compulsion or has he consciously made an alliance with the Consult here.

What is it that is nagging him that he cannot remember? He keeps saying he thinks he's forgetting something. Is he forgetting that serwe is dead, and that he's fucking a skin spy?

It's his decsent into madness. All he is worried about is killing the father (Moe). Has he aligned with the Consult? Not really? I mean they are after Kellhus and he basically hitches a ride with them because of SS Serwe, is how I always seen it. That question he asks himself over and over, "What am I forgetting?", has always bothered me also. Is it something Kellhus said to him? Is it the fact of killing Moe? Always intrigued me also.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2016, 07:44:33 pm »
Cnaiur forgets that he is supposed to be hunting Moenghus. Instead, he is sitting in some random city at the Dunyain's request, babysitting Conphas.

That, or he is forgetting that Kellhus wants to kill him, and he realizes that his stationing there is a deathtrap.

Either/or, i can't remember which one he finally settles on in his moment of revelation.
One of the other conditions of possibility.