Video Game Thread! What are you playing?

• 110 Replies

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2019, 04:51:00 pm »
Starting Slay the Spire...
Health Resources:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12NfnxYU5ZSur-RahRNI-bNMnTjxE12vyGWmY46Xq2h0/edit

Register family with 911 services. Also mental health info & hotlines, articles, treatment assistance options, prescription assistance, legal aid, etc.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • Do you remember the words?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2019, 02:40:08 pm »
Started playing some Wargroove. Its like fire emblem (i guess?) or Advanced Wars - turned based combat with army recruitment and a hero character.

And Factorio, which continues to be endless hours of entertainment.

Starting Slay the Spire...
That keeps showing up all over the place, seems to be pretty popular.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2019, 03:29:37 pm »
Dark Souls III and its DLC are on sale on steam, so I ended up caving in and buying the DLC. Going to try and not to instantly spend 48 hours in there, since I've other shit to do. If anybody's looking for an immersive RPG with incredible atmosphere that has no qualms about kicking your ass, I can only recommend this game.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2019, 04:22:23 pm »
Dark Souls III and its DLC are on sale on steam, so I ended up caving in and buying the DLC. Going to try and not to instantly spend 48 hours in there, since I've other shit to do. If anybody's looking for an immersive RPG with incredible atmosphere that has no qualms about kicking your ass, I can only recommend this game.
What does the DLC add? New bosses I'd hope.

I got bored rolling around after beating the second throne boss, but I can see the appeal. Finally beating a boss after dying a few dozen times was extremely satisfying. The biggest downside for me though is that it takes large blocks of dedicated time, which is becoming more and more elusive, especially because I'm terrible at these kinds of games lol.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2019, 04:48:36 pm »
What does the DLC add? New bosses I'd hope.

I got bored rolling around after beating the second throne boss, but I can see the appeal. Finally beating a boss after dying a few dozen times was extremely satisfying. The biggest downside for me though is that it takes large blocks of dedicated time, which is becoming more and more elusive, especially because I'm terrible at these kinds of games lol.
New bosses, new areas, new items, new spells. A lot of the +3 rings can be found in the Ringed City for example. It is time consuming, but hey, isn't it more fun to get into one game heavily rather than 10 cursorily?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2019, 05:19:56 pm »
It is time consuming, but hey, isn't it more fun to get into one game heavily rather than 10 cursorily?

That actually sounds like quite a bit of content.

And yeah, you make a good point. Maybe that's been my problem with RPGs lately, jumping around rather than sinking into to one. Definitely something to consider.