What are you watching?

• 230 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • Blueberry Psūkhe Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2019, 02:41:13 am »
I've watched the first 2 episodes of Carnival Row ... first impressions are as follows, hoping someone can tell me it gets better ( lie to me if you have to ).

May your death be soon, slow and painful

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2019, 12:43:57 pm »
I've watched the first 2 episodes of Carnival Row ... first impressions are as follows, hoping someone can tell me it gets better ( lie to me if you have to ).

I think it gets a bit better, IIRC.  I actually think I might actually have fallen asleep myself in the first two or so episodes...
“I am a warrior of ages, Anasūrimbor . . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury.” -Cet’ingira

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2019, 01:04:46 pm »

I think it gets a bit better, IIRC.  I actually think I might actually have fallen asleep myself in the first two or so episodes...
I've seen 3 (or 4..) episodes now and actually quite like it. So far I like the last episode I've seen the most (where they expound on what has happened at the mimosary). I'd stick with it at least until that part to give it a fair shot :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • Blueberry Psūkhe Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2019, 01:09:51 pm »

I've seen 3 (or 4..) episodes now and actually quite like it. So far I like the last episode I've seen the most (where they expound on what has happened at the mimosary). I'd stick with it at least until that part to give it a fair shot :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you, I'll finish it. Won't be the first show I started watching and was like, eh? But got really good thereafter ( Breaking Bad, The Americans, Altered Carbon, Counterpart - all were at risk of me jumping ship prematurely ).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 01:12:07 pm by TaoHorror »
May your death be soon, slow and painful

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2019, 06:48:26 pm »
Lots of stuff on DC Universe - Titans, Young Justice, Batman vs Dracula
Health Resources:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12NfnxYU5ZSur-RahRNI-bNMnTjxE12vyGWmY46Xq2h0/edit

Register family with 911 services. Also mental health info & hotlines, articles, treatment assistance options, prescription assistance, legal aid, etc.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2019, 02:23:57 pm »
Mr. Robot has been pretty good this season so far.  Also, His Dark Materials has also been a good new show, now 2 episodes in.  I've never read the books though, so I can't compare.

The Watchmen TV show has also been quite good.  At first I was figuring I wouldn't care, since these were new characters, but in actuality, the show is well done and quite interesting in it's own right, plus there seems to be tons of nods to be movie and the comic books.  I'd recommend it, but only if you already saw the movie first.

Also, we checked out the show Dickinson which is on AppleTV+, or whatever they are calling the service.  First, let's start with the good.  The set designs and costumes are top notch.  However, everything that isn't an inanimate object though, unfortunately, is horrendous.  As far as my wife and I could tell, the premise of the show is: "Everyone knows that Emily Dickinson wasn't Dariah, but what this show presupposes is, maybe she was?"  I could go on about the discongruity between all sorts of modern music and notions just don't seem to "work" in the show, but it's wasted breath.  Even the half hour of episode one had me checking how much was left to bear multiple times.

If this the what Apple will be pushing out, I don't expect them to be around long.
“I am a warrior of ages, Anasūrimbor . . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury.” -Cet’ingira