Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:22:16 pm »
I wasn't shocked by the ending at all but Ramsay and Roose... I was truly SHOCKED in that scene.Also who the hell is Wllis his name is Walder.The flashback was awesome, Sansa,Arya and Tyrion had great scenes oh and King's Landing  too.Tommen is Making orders and taking names but Tommen wasn't the only star in King's Landing there was also our favourite Mountain.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:42:09 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Garet Jax

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 07:57:57 pm »
Pretty solid second episode last night that got the season off to a true start after the table setting episode 1.  Not as much surprise on my end with the several "shockers", but I agree, the Ramsay one was the most surprising.  I think I am more surprised that Roose would not see that coming, more so than Ramsay actually doing it.

Also, I think I will have to re watch the ending, but was it just me, or was Jon Snow's eyes blue?

Hopefully George Arrrgghh Martin is happy with what the show is doing with his life work.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:34:28 pm »
As far Jon, I'm excited to see how this transformation effects him. Does he become ruthless? Less stoic? I hope that he is truly headed toward the Iron throne. I New he wasn't dead. Tyrion and his interaction with the dragons might be a hint to his Targaryn blood also, imho. Great episode!

That said, I think TSA could be done in the same format as GoT and done well. Maybe certain things would have to be glossed over, but I'd love to see it.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:38:16 pm »
As far Jon, I'm excited to see how this transformation effects him. Does he become ruthless? Less stoic? I hope that he is truly headed toward the Iron throne. I New he wasn't dead. Tyrion and his interaction with the dragons might be a hint to his Targaryn blood also, imho. Great episode!

That said, I think TSA could be done in the same format as GoT and done well. Maybe certain things would have to be glossed over, but I'd love to see it.
I wish he will change but I don't think he will change though, i hoped so. However in the books GRRM said that no character would come back from the dead unchanged.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:00:08 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:13:12 am »
The dothraki use "cunt" a lot would be my overall take from this episode. Episode 4.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 02:17:04 am »
Edited title for "TV" spoilers.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 02:21:59 am »
I still can’t get over the fact that Dani seems to have mastered the Dothraki language so quickly.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 06:40:31 pm »
It was a year in the first season as she had time to get pregnant and carry it to term. Since she already grew up bilingual speaking valerian and english, it's not outrageous that a young teen fully immersed in a culture and also determined to learn could pickup a third language to fluency in that time
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:48:55 pm by locke »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 07:53:56 pm »
It was a year in the first season as she had time to get pregnant and carry it to term. Since she already grew up bilingual speaking valerian and english, it's not outrageous that a young teen fully immersed in a culture and also determined to learn could pickup a third language to fluency in that time

Plus Missandei is fluent in Dothraki and has been by her side the entire time.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 12:48:44 am »
The ending of the episode is heartbreaking.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 02:08:11 am »
The ending of the episode is heartbreaking.

Indeed. My wife is close to tears and keeps asking me, "tell me this doesn't happen in the books!"

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 12:16:09 am »
Apparently, that is what GRRM intends to happen in the books - as per After the Thrones, which is akin to Talking Dead.

I love that the actor who plays Bran tweeted "Nice one, Bran."

EDIT: Also, that Daenerys arc in the previous episode. I mean, if GRRM were done TWOW, these two past episodes would have been the season six finales.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:19:23 am by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 12:54:29 am »
I take it this is an instance of what comes after determining what came before? Or something else?

Nil Sertrax

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 01:20:50 am »
Well, there goes free will out the window!