Grimdark Magazine! Kickstarter! New Anthology! RSB story!

• 75 Replies

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 03:01:09 pm »
Well, you've been on Griswold Family Vacation for how many days now ;).

Haha, it was a week and a half.  We're back now, but now I need a vacation from my vacation...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 03:04:38 pm »
Well then, quick, back it!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 09:41:54 am »
New achievement unlocked. All stories will have interior art by Somnambulist. Including the Bakker story, of course.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 02:18:23 pm »
Yeah, I'm super excited about that.

Congratulations again, Somnambulist. Many successes recently :)!
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2016, 09:36:58 pm »
Thanks, man.  Where's the 'raises a beer glass' emoji?  That should be a thing.
No whistling on the slog!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 03:26:28 pm »
I was confused for a second because I swore MSJ posted the 🍻 in this thread.

I also did not realize that I could copy and paste emoticons, though, now I recall we once talked about adding more to ours repertoire.

But cheers, Som 🍻 :) !
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2016, 02:26:04 am »
Does anyone know if the RSB story is a TSA story or not??!
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2016, 02:38:16 am »

Yes. It follows a minor character that's in The Great Ordeal. I forget his name at the moment though.

ETA: Ûster Scraul

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:43:49 am by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2016, 02:46:17 am »

Yes. It follows a minor character that's in The Great Ordeal. I forget his name at the moment though.

ETA: Ûster Scraul
Thanks MSJ. Have you read TGO??
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2016, 02:49:33 am »
Yes sir, I have. The best so far, IMHO. He packs so much meaning into each paragraph, sentence and even word, I can't wait for the 12th so I can start a re-read. Blackstone was kind enough to lend me his ARC and I sent it on as soon as I finished. Its amazing.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 02:52:45 am »
How is the Momemn storyline?? I have been a bit discouraged about it after reading Pat's comments.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 02:55:53 am »
How is the Momemn storyline?? I have been a bit discouraged about it after reading Pat's comments.

I'll just say that at this point in the series, nothing disappoints me. Others have been critical, but as much time I have invested in these books, it delivers on every level. I can't complain, just want more and more and more. I'm a fanboy, I know. Lol. ;)

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2016, 02:59:14 am »

I'll just say that at this point in the series, nothing disappoints me. Others have been critical, but as much time I have invested in these books, it delivers on every level. I can't complain, just want more and more and more. I'm a fanboy, I know. Lol. ;)
Personally I have never been disappointed by anything about the series.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2016, 03:03:17 am »
Then nothing will disappoint you about this. Have no fear, Redeagl!!!!!!!!!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2016, 04:15:13 pm »
Kickstarter has about 24 hours left.

So far, in addition to the original anthology that includes some 16 stories and Somnambulist's interior art, you'll get 8 more short stories, the first 8 publications of Grimdark Magazine (which probably each have an additional dozen stories), and Blackguards (which is its own anthology).

All that for a measly $12 (thats australian dollars) pledge, which gets you the ebook and all the extras.
Paperback is $30 and hardcover is $50. Shipping for international (outside USA) is pricy so keep that in mind if you want to place your pledge.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:23:40 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.