The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 04:18:22 pm »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Onrack

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 04:38:47 pm »
These entries are definitely quite gripping. As well as being loaded with new information, for me at least. I really should re-read the TTT glossary.

Second entry was a bit more clunky, but I suppose that's a result of there being less of a clear arc as in Inchoroi vs Nonmen. Lots of Empires falling and growing in a few short paragraphs.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2016, 02:29:29 am »
Oh well.
?

They'll show up or they won't :).

These entries are definitely quite gripping. As well as being loaded with new information, for me at least. I really should re-read the TTT glossary.

Second entry was a bit more clunky, but I suppose that's a result of there being less of a clear arc as in Inchoroi vs Nonmen. Lots of Empires falling and growing in a few short paragraphs.

The issue with Part I/Part III v. Part II is that the latter has no real narrative to draw from. Wert's working from so many factoids drawn from the narrative itself, TTT Glossary, old ZTS Q&A threads. Part I and Part III, which is tricky for its purposeful obfuscation as to what happened during the First Apocalypse, have the longest two Glossary entries by a page or two.

And obviously Bakker made some neat offerings to fill in some real gaps in Part I.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Doubt

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 05:00:19 am »
I don't recall ever hearing anything about the Shiradi Empire. That the Xiuhianni invaded them and had the strength to raze their capital and wage war is pretty damn interesting. Not hugely relevant tbh but still. Love learning crap about Eanna and the Xiuhanni.    ;D

There wasn't much mention of the Sranc in Part II. Surely they had a not-insignificant impact on the growth and fall of these empires? Perhaps have unified the peoples of the north against a common threat.

I found it odd where the tribes ended up. I was wondering if they decided among themselves who would go where, but I suppose they split up hunting the Mansions and just settled the fertile lands near them. But how did they know where to find the mansions? Did they wander around searching for them? Unlikely, else they wouldn't have settled in such defined areas imo, plus the Nonmen could have hidden their mansions as they did Golgotterath. I'd say the Inchoroi told them where the mansions were... Perhaps Husyelt told Angeshrael, or, most likely, the Tusk told them were to go.
Cuts and cuts and cuts.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2016, 11:27:38 am »
There wasn't much mention of the Sranc in Part II. Surely they had a not-insignificant impact on the growth and fall of these empires? Perhaps have unified the peoples of the north against a common threat.

I found it odd where the tribes ended up. I was wondering if they decided among themselves who would go where, but I suppose they split up hunting the Mansions and just settled the fertile lands near them. But how did they know where to find the mansions? Did they wander around searching for them? Unlikely, else they wouldn't have settled in such defined areas imo, plus the Nonmen could have hidden their mansions as they did Golgotterath. I'd say the Inchoroi told them where the mansions were... Perhaps Husyelt told Angeshrael, or, most likely, the Tusk told them were to go.

Interesting note about the Sranc.

Yeah, I'd imagine the Inchoroi tipped off the Tribes of the Tusk as per where to go.

Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Doubt :). Great handle for these parts.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Doubt

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 05:27:30 pm »
Cheers Madness. Yeah got it from Achamian :D
Cuts and cuts and cuts.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 08:19:29 pm »
Lol - messy though Achamian is, he does try to impart that to his students.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 01:53:53 am »
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Doubt

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 03:51:43 am »
Monster of an entry. Fantastic stuff  :D
Cuts and cuts and cuts.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 12:02:15 pm »
Some of that doesn't jive with my understanding, particularly where Ganrelka sits in the Anasurimbor family tree.

My understanding is of little use to others though :P

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 02:19:47 pm »
Whilst still a child, he was identified as one of the Few, those that carry the mark of sorcery.
Not really a great definition. Should read "able to see Onta, the very essence of existence, and therefore able to use sorcery" or some such. "Carry the mark of sorcery" is probably not meant to be taken literally, but since those that wield sorcery literally do carry a mark, this descriptor is at best confusing, if not downright incorrect.

One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 02:27:23 pm »
Lol - rabble, rabble, rabble.

But truthfully, they're still very well-done, despite fanatic quibbles, accurate though those quibbles may be. I think his intent is successful as he's trying to consolidate disparate pieces of the narrative for newcomers and mentioned at Westeros that he wanted to stay true to the, I guess, truthiness of Bakker's histories, or lack there of, as per our own histories.

Though - again, another benefit of him interacting places is that he's amended these already based on suggestions at Westeros so I'd say take the corrections to the comments at Wertzone.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Souljar

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 02:36:46 pm »
Hi all

New to the forum and wasn't too sure where to introduce myself. Long time Bakker fan and lurker on TPB. Anyhow, I would like to add my thanks for Wert’s effort in creating the “History of Earwa”, much appreciated.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2016, 02:42:34 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Souljar.

I can't stress enough to new members, make yourself at home. The magic of this place is the people who choose to partake here :). Introducing yourself here was fine and feel free to resurrect topics, including the quoted portions from the old version of the forum.

Cheers.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer