• 2 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:19:00 pm »
I absolutely love the idea, or the fact of I should say, of Viramsata. And, we know that this is the tool Moe and Kellhus used to shape the Thousandfold Thought. Lie made truth, breath that is ground. So, essentially belief makes real. Yet, we see through the Judging Eye that there is objective morality on Earwa. Wether that is the God of Gods (i believe), the Zero-God or some other imposter makes no difference, it exists. Then, in TGO we come to find out that the 100 are separate and have set up damnation as to be unavoidable, essentially(Let there be deceit, Let there be desire). Kinda long winded but what I want to ask is wether Belief can shape the Outside? Can or have the beliefs of what Kellhus has wrought changed the "morality meter" of the 100? Because enough people believe something, can it change the effect it has on their salvation/damnation?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:24:22 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:07:33 am »
Morality is objective, so it doesn't matter what Men believe. Lies are also objective, insofar as they a powerful impact on the reality around them, and insofar as they are sinful. They don't become true so much as determine what is taken to be true. Lies are sins precisely because they have real consequences.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:47:56 pm »
Huh, I see what you're saying. Just after reading TGO and seeing the 100 and the God are seperate, I thought there could be room for both. Ok, so Kellhus will definitely be damned to hell and back when he's seen with the JE.... Probably make Cnaüir look like a fucking choir boy.

ETA: per your response on Mimara and the JE, it may not even be the God of Gods that uses the JE. Damn, I'm so conflicted about this......I guess you've truly said nothing would make Kellhus have to be damned by the JE, or that it would even matter that he was damned.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:59:58 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,