Thoughts on adaptations?

• 5 Replies

robizeratul

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:21:14 pm »
Do you imagine the series being adapted, if yes, how do you see it ? TV series? movie? Animation?Comic books? 

Lets assume there's enough talent and money to make a truly great product.What would you like to see?

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 01:27:01 pm »
I've been approached by numerous people over the years interested in video game and graphic novel adaptations, but no one with the resources I think are required to do the series right.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:33:34 pm »
After watching Game of Thrones(this season as it goes past the books) i'm not sure TV is capable of doing the series justice.

How could you possibly do Cnaiur justice? Sure on the outside Cnauir is a good character for a series, but what makes him such an amazing character is what is going on inside his head. Books are the perfect medium for this story (well for me). Maybe anime or something.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 07:04:14 pm »

After watching Game of Thrones(this season as it goes past the books) i'm not sure TV is capable of doing the series justice.

I gave up on the show years ago. Largely because of decisions by the writers and the acting but the limitations of live television certainly don't help when it comes to an epic fantasy.

I always thought an adult animation would be perfect for TSA, and that kind of audience would be probably be really receptive to its themes and mentally prepared for its content.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 07:20:01 pm »
I always thought an adult animation would be perfect for TSA, and that kind of audience would be probably be really receptive to its themes and mentally prepared for its content.
That's probably just the right thing!

Perhaps we could even have an in between - some sort of 'The world of Earwa' with simple animations of the art and a simple story to tie the artwork together of the various artists who spontaniously illustrate PON artwork. In this case it'd be worked up as a kickstarter, to hire them for the art. Not like a show perse, more like a moving art piece. Hell, the promo trailer is what I'm talking about already, just shorter!

jurble

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 07:44:49 pm »
I've been approached by numerous people over the years interested in video game and graphic novel adaptations, but no one with the resources I think are required to do the series right.

I've always thought an action-rpg (mostly action with itemization elements via sorcerous artifacts) covering Nau-Cayuti's story would be the ideal video game adaption.