The Bird and the boy

• 3 Replies

Mog Kellhus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: June 27, 2016, 07:23:38 pm »
There is a scene at the end of TTT where the Synthese talks to a random child while it collects salt from the corpse of a Schoolman.Is there a significance to that scene other than to remind us of the Consult's creepy presence?I know it's not that important but I have always wondered about that part...

The Great Scald

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 07:25:49 pm »
There is a scene at the end of TTT where the Synthese talks to a random child while it collects salt from the corpse of a Schoolman.Is there a significance to that scene other than to remind us of the Consult's creepy presence?I know it's not that important but I have always wondered about that part...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leda_and_the_Swan

Now picture a young boy instead of Leda...

Mog Kellhus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:47:00 pm »
Yes I know the boy's rape seems like the obvious outcome since Aurang is involved but I wonder if that's the only purpose of that passage.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 12:05:21 am »
I'd suspect it's an oblique reference to the dire straights the Inchies are in in terms of torment/inverse flame revelation as well as the Inchies likely going on and not respecting space between skins, etc, but off the first read it comes off as bad guy does bad thing to establish badness so latter we can see how stupid we are by the contextual shift. >:) I mock a little cus I <3 ! Anyway, were all responding before Scott has answered.