• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2016, 06:42:27 pm »
I hate borders.

A kindred spirit; it's my hope that in the future people will view the lottery of hunger and life possibilities decided on something as random as birth location with the same barbaric darkness with which we see human sacrifice, slavery and the 'corrective' torture of homosexuals.

You're likely to find many such kindred spirits here ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Omnirom

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2016, 06:50:28 pm »
Omnirom. If you change your address to a Canadian Address (google one) it will play.. i think. Just need to change it with same username etc, then you can change it back in a little bit.

Thanking yahoo ! this worked.

googled best Toronto coffee shop, used their address on Amazon.ca, went to Kindle settings, set my country to Canada.  Re-logged in, Euro CC worked fine, and... I got it.

Rum, cola, other exotics, garden, tablet, love, peace, happiness.

Vamos !

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »
My copy should be on my doorstep when I get home.  Then I just need to figure out how to buy the Kindle edition, get it onto my computer and use it in Calibre (probably won't even have time to get all that done).
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2016, 07:57:52 pm »
Got my e-book delivered on Kindle, and hardback will be here when it's here. Haven't checked where it's at, though got standard shipping.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2016, 07:59:29 pm »
Got my e-book delivered on Kindle, and hardback will be here when it's here. Haven't checked where it's at, though got standard shipping.

I have Prime, but shockingly they one-day mailed it.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

The Great Scald

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2016, 02:30:46 am »
How did you guys manage to get an electronic copy of The Great Ordeal on the other side of the pond? I live in Europe but changed my address on Amazon so I could buy it on Kindle today, but it still says the Kindle copy won't arrive until September...

I'd be thankful for some advice.

Omnirom

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2016, 05:28:52 am »
How did you guys manage to get an electronic copy of The Great Ordeal on the other side of the pond? I live in Europe but changed my address on Amazon so I could buy it on Kindle today, but it still says the Kindle copy won't arrive until September...

I'd be thankful for some advice.
I guess that if you follow the steps I posted on the previous page  ( amazon,  kindle not ip spoofing madness ) you should be good, being from Europe as well.  The step which nearly tripped me was changing kindle settings. Says something like 'I've changed address' swap this to a canada address and everything will be fine.  If you're really stuck pm me... wait for the pm to come through and I'm happy to go through the process with you on Skype.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2016, 05:30:42 am »
Got the kindle version last night, and Amazon had me the HC in today's mail, gonna bust out my roll of Mylar and get the DJ covered tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2016, 01:28:20 pm »
I always take the dusk jacket off hardcover books. Just don't like the feel of them on my hands.

Wic

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2016, 04:31:44 pm »
I always take the dusk jacket off hardcover books. Just don't like the feel of them on my hands.
Same here. And now I like the look of the HC spine and want matching ones for the other five. :/

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2016, 06:38:01 pm »
I love dust jackets, at put all of them in brodart mylar covers, which I buy by the roll.

Mithfânion

• Suthenti
  • Herald of Winter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2016, 09:56:14 pm »
I've received the hardcover and it looks glorious.

Superb paper quality, great binding and a lovely red and black cover. I also like the dustcover.

The inside has a sort of front page with similar symbols to the Canadian covers of the first 3 books.

A lovely article all round. Would be even better if I could have added TUC to it!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2016, 12:55:07 pm »
The inside has a sort of front page with similar symbols to the Canadian covers of the first 3 books.

All the Overlook publications have this - though there hasn't been a unique one since TTT. TTT, TJE, WLW, and TGO all share the same Rankine artwork behind the title page.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2016, 12:10:10 pm »
If you bought the kindle version of the book you can get the audio book for less then $5.
"Wutrim kut mi’puru kamuir!"

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2016, 05:36:51 pm »

All the Overlook publications have this - though there hasn't been a unique one since TTT. TTT, TJE, WLW, and TGO all share the same Rankine artwork behind the title page.

Is that the same piece from the background of the covers?

If you bought the kindle version of the book you can get the audio book for less then $5.

geoffro, do you know of any other source from which to buy the audiobook?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:38:24 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer