MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 10:24:08 pm »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I stand corrected, I now remember as well the flying Chishaurim, yes.

As a side thing, why do you think these books don't have the popularity they deserve? Is it because of the more dense writing style? Are they not promoted enough? Certainly the quality is there...

Extreme Feminism+RSB interacting with said extreme feminists.....lol. That's my theory.

I think it goes well beyond that though.  Dense style, steep learning curve, confrontational style of the story itself, do lend itself to the series being a bit of a tough sell for a good number of people.

I think Bakker has said it before, that it isn't the story we really want, but one that we need.  You are going to have a hard time getting some people to take that pill, no matter what.

Lol. Yea, it was more of a joke than anything. There are multiple reasons and you guys have giving good ones

TheBlackElf, I've been saying over at Westeros that, that's what itll take. That in 30 or so years, it'll be huge, Tolkien huge. Its too great a story and honestly I've never read any fantasy that comes close to TSA. It will have its day in the sun, that I do not doubt.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 03:45:37 pm »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I stand corrected, I now remember as well the flying Chishaurim, yes.

As a side thing, why do you think these books don't have the popularity they deserve? Is it because of the more dense writing style? Are they not promoted enough? Certainly the quality is there...
Ever men are deceived....
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers