Poll

Should we read the whole series or just TAE?

The whole series ( PoN + TAE)
5 (100%)
TAE only
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

The Slog 2.0 PoN edition- Scheduling

• 18 Replies

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »
Welcome to the Slog 2.0, in case you wants to join the sloggers this is the place for you to say so, me and MSJ didn't agree on the number of chapters read per week yet so we should all disscus that here. 5 chapters a week what do you think more?  less?
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:35:58 pm »
Welcome to the Slog 2.0, in case you wants to join the sloggers this is the place for you to say so, me and MSJ didn't agree on the number of chapters read per week yet so we should all disscus that here. 5 chapters a week what do you think more?  less?

I'm good with that, not too much, but not too little. Redeagl, I think we give it a week for others who want to join in to have time to. So, next Monday the Slog 2.0 will commence. Does that sound good?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Kamakazikitteh

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:46:37 pm »
This sounds just about perfect it's not to much or to little

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:47:37 pm »

I'm good with that, not too much, but not too little. Redeagl, I think we give it a week for others who want to join in to have time to. So, next Monday the Slog 2.0 will commence. Does that sound good?
Good enough for me, Good arrangement of time will hopefully get me out of the college term's shadow.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 11:20:29 pm »
Something I had just through of, there are two prologues in TDTCB should we treat them as one or two chapters?  I would personally go for one but what do you guys think?

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 06:02:27 am »
I'll be present on the slog

Hoary

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 09:10:39 am »
Here as well. My time (Malta) is quite different so I may be responding at a different time than you guys but I'm along for the ride. 5 sounds fine.

This is Shai, btw.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:13:01 am by Hoary »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 01:53:06 pm »
I made it to TJE last year, so I'll just join I  post-PoN :) 
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 05:03:56 am »
prologues as one chapter, to answer the question.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 03:07:17 pm »
Here as well. My time (Malta) is quite different so I may be responding at a different time than you guys but I'm along for the ride. 5 sounds fine.

This is Shai, btw.

It shouldn't be an issue, that's the luxury of this kind of board, it's not really time dependent.  Speaking of Malta though, there is a book about the 1565 Siege of Malta that I have been trying to find for years with no luck (I even asked the author, who is a professor at the University of Malta, but he says he literally only owns one copy).  I'm starting to wonder if they printed more than a handful of copies or if one is out in the wild on the whole earth.  Bit of a long shot, but if you ever stumble upon one, I'd pay you handsomely (well, as handsomely as my poor self can) for it.

If you are curious this is the book, as far as I can tell though, only three exist in the US and those are at the Library of Congress, West Point Military Academy and US Naval Academy.

(This is Matthew, on Facebook as well.)

I made it to TJE last year, so I'll just join I  post-PoN :)

I'm definitely short of time, but I will certainly jump on for TGO, since I want to reread that before TUC.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 11:48:30 am »
So is PoN with us or just TAE?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 09:17:30 pm »
So is PoN with us or just TAE?

Take it to VOTE.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Stevan

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 09:34:07 pm »
Hi, I'm new here.

Is this slog just a community reading of TDTCB at an established pace with thoughts/comments posted along the way? I'd like to participate, but not exactly sure what it is.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 09:38:40 pm »
Hi, Stevan and welcome buddy. The Slog of Slogs was our  reread of the series leading up to TGO. A few of us have expressed interest in another Slog, because....why the hell not? We did have a suggestion that we just start at TJE and do a reread of the 2nd series though, since TUC is its culmination.  I don't care either way. But, place your vote on whether you want the whole series or just TAE to be included in the reread.

ETA: We'll also have threads to accompany the reread for discussion.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:41:11 pm by MSJ »

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 10:01:07 pm »
The poll is up!