• 28 Replies

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« on: March 03, 2017, 06:10:36 pm »
Third TUC teaser by MG!
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 07:12:56 pm »
Maybe that is where the first Anasurimbor comes from,  Jiricet was the father of the Twoheart.
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:07:57 pm »
Maybe that is where the first Anasurimbor comes from,  Jiricet was the father of the Twoheart.
This.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 12:14:09 am »
Interesting idea, I'd forgotten about Jiricet completely. I'd thought of Sirwitta as the first Anasurimbor for a while (or rather his issue, Cimoira). She might simply have been the first Human/Nonman hybrid though. Either way something is up with both of these tales.

The Anasurimbor line coming from "Lord Torturer's son" would be yet another (and pretty clear cut) reference to The Book of the New Sun, which is cool.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:37:36 am by Franc is Buck »

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 12:16:20 am »
So Jiricet is Harapior's kid?  Cool if true.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 12:18:02 am »
Ok, who is that Jiricet guy again?  the one who raped Omindalea?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 10:29:01 am by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 12:24:52 am »
From the wiki:

Jiricet is a Nonman Siqû who raped Anasûrimbor Omindalea in 824, and then fled to Ishterebinth. When Nil’giccas refused to return him to Ûmerau, all Nonmen were expelled from the Ûmeri Empire, thus ending the Nonman Tutelage.

Omindalea later died bearing Jiricet’s child Anasûrimbor Sanna-Jephera (825-1032), called ‘Twoheart.’

http://princeofnothing.wikia.com/wiki/Jiricet

Jiricet's age and date are not known.

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 03:40:22 am »
Some of these could be weird non sequiturs/red herrings to troll us: such is how I feel about this one. Like, Harapior's son may be mentioned once during the fight at Golgotterath in a standard Bakker omniscient POV battle-cam section, and he's just a random Quya fighting for the Consult with no overt plot significance.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 07:40:45 am »

Same first thought i had.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 03:31:57 am »
WHO THE HELL IS JIRICET?

IT'S ABOUT LEWETH DOODIE BRAINS

I TRIED TO TELL YOU--A DUNYAIN DOES NOT APPEAR AS A DUNYAIN TO ORDINARY PEOPLE, SO AN UBER-DUNYAIN WOULD TOTALLY APPEAR TO BE A ORDINARY WEAKLING TO A DUNYAIN.

THE DUNYAIN ARE BLIND TO MANIPULATION FROM ALL FRONTS

>_>

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 08:13:00 am »
Reread the Ishterebinth chapters yesterday. One of the sections where Serwa is vexing Harapior with her singing he is thinking about his wife and how she would sing to him thus. Then in a moment of lucidity, he glares at Serwa and tells her that he knows the secret of her blood.

Jiricet is totally his kid.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 10:57:18 am »
Reread the Ishterebinth chapters yesterday. One of the sections where Serwa is vexing Harapior with her singing he is thinking about his wife and how she would sing to him thus. Then in a moment of lucidity, he glares at Serwa and tells her that he knows the secret of her blood.

Jiricet is totally his kid.
I thought he meant the Dûnyain since he did mention them and knew that Serwa had some Dûnyain blood.He recognized her "signing" as Dûnyain techniques. I might be wrong though, I don't remember the scene exactly.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:05:45 am by Redeagl »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 11:27:34 am »
Aurang has mentioned that Kellhus has the "accursed blood" of the Anasûrimbor:

Their devious methods and disconcerting abilities aside, these Dûnyain were Anasûrimbor. Even without the Mandate prophecies, enmity was a fact of their accursed blood. Who was this Moënghus?

And going even further back, Mekeritrig when he meets Kellhus:

“It speaks the language,” the man muttered at length. He stepped closer, peering at Kellhus. “Yes,” he said. “Yes . . . You do not merely mock me. I can see his blood in your face.

While we didn't actually get the glossary entry for for the Rape of Omindalea, the evidence that the Anasûrimbor are partly Nonman is present in other places too.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »
If Omindalea doesn't make it into the next glossary I'm going to be upset. Sick of this quasi-cannon explanation.

Secret of your blood, to me, appears to be a reference to the Dunyain. At least initially that was my thought. So vague!
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »
If Omindalea doesn't make it into the next glossary I'm going to be upset. Sick of this quasi-cannon explanation.

Secret of your blood, to me, appears to be a reference to the Dunyain. At least initially that was my thought. So vague!
Pretty sure most if not all of the new glossary will be stuff not mentioned or updated from the TTT glossary. I mean certainly we will not get the details of Sakarpus and Arithau trade deals in the 19th century of the Tusk.