"Name That Comic!" ..... The CONTEST!!

• 41 Replies

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 10:41:24 pm »
*****  ATTENTION. *****

The deadline for submissions to the "Name That Comic!" Contest has passed. The winner will be announced on Monday, May 8, at 10:00pm GMT (5:00pm CDT). Thanks to all who participated.
I wonder who.....
Two finalists: Redeagl, with "Zöreius Öenghûs" and profgrape, with "Nau-Yerbouti" (submitted via Quorum). I need the weekend to decide, gents.

I respond favourably to bribery and flattery. I also will take into consideration the opinions of Forum members. Have at it, gents!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:44:49 pm by Beardfisher King »
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2017, 12:37:21 pm »
Beard, you're the greatest Inchoroi I've encountered! Pick my name!
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 06:13:00 pm »
Nice try, Tao. Don't call us; we'll call you ....  ;)
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 01:01:22 pm »
******   ATTENTION!    ******

After careful consideration and a judicious weighing of the various bribes offered, I have decided on a winner in the "Name That Comic!" Contest!

And the winner is.........

REDEAGL!

Yes, Redeagl's submission of the name "Zöreius Öenghûs" had that authentic ring for which I was looking. Congratulations, Red!

Respect must be paid to profgrape, whose late submission of "Nau-Yerbouti" threw the contest into an uproar and made the Judge's decision most difficult. The Judge decided that "Nau-Yerbouti" was a name more suitable for a character in our comic's routine, and, indeed, such a character will be created in the near future. Profgrape, your submission was not made in vain, and thanks for contributing!

Finally,  honourable mention goes to Wilshire, who suggested the nickname "Zorro" for our comic, helping to seal the deal in favour of Redeagl's submission. Thanks, Wilshire!

The noted thread, "The Greatest Eärwan Stand-Up Comedy Routine EVER!", will soon be updated to reflect the Contest's result.

Thanks to all for participating!

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 01:47:05 pm »
YAY!
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 05:01:37 pm »
I lost?! I wasn't even mentioned?! The fact I flattered you with no submission doesn't rise to a standard of comedy worth mention?! More like it went over your head, you trash-at-the-curb hack of a "comedian" ... let me guess, your biggest audience consisted of 3 people ( the bar tender, a gnat on some rat shit and the cane handler ) for which you took the bright light in your eyes as "audience", it was really just obfuscating the "Absolute". Beard, you're dumb.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »
Lol, "the cane handler?"
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2017, 05:20:37 pm »
I lost?! I wasn't even mentioned?! The fact I flattered you with no submission doesn't rise to a standard of comedy worth mention?! More like it went over your head, you trash-at-the-curb hack of a "comedian" ... let me guess, your biggest audience consisted of 3 people ( the bar tender, a gnat on some rat shit and the cane handler ) for which you took the bright light in your eyes as "audience", it was really just obfuscating the "Absolute". Beard, you're dumb.
Lol, "the cane handler?"
Holy Hades! Looks like I inadvertently dissed Tao! Who, btw, has a great, if not lucrative, sideline as a heckler.

Tao, that rant is outstanding! It comes across as absolutely sincere, and, as they say, if you can fake sincerity, the world is your oyster.

Good day to you, sir.

<mutters, "Cane handler? WTF?">

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 04:17:50 pm »
Aw, Beard, you pile of shit, you know I love ya! I love ya, Beard!

You see through me, ancient spirit - it was not sincere - I was going for the Non-man heckler gig. I was kicking the tires on the Non-man thing of attacking those I love, but don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. I guess I'm missing that immortal component to my psychology to pull that off.

So when/where is your next stand up routine - I promise to behave myself. Any youtube videos of you in action?

Oh, and the "cane handler" ... didn't know what to call the people who yanked performers off a stage with a cane ...

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:32:10 pm by TaoHorror »

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2017, 12:22:17 pm »
Just thought of this:

The Thousandfold Twat

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2017, 09:50:33 pm »
Lol, Tao. The "cane handler" is the best name for the guy with the hook in the old days. Bravo!

I've actually never done stand-up, but I might have missed my calling as a comedy writer. Again, your heckling rant was first- rate. Rank abuse.....the very best kind!

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2017, 10:45:16 pm »
Profgrape - I laughed out loud reading your "joke", but was hesitant to say so, revealing my pedestrian mind. I'm imagining what that would look like - a metaphor for the Da Vinci Code-esque effort for getting into a girl's pants? Bakker may like it too given his frequent fish references in PON.

Beard - in all sincerity, your stand up comic thing was very, very funny - and as I said before, "reducing" the story humorously like that has legs if you're interested in "re-telling" the PON story. Bakker appears to be of good humor, he may dig it.