Thread for the Threadless (Surrogate Quorum)

• 69 Replies

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 06:41:42 pm »
So, about that Phelps v. Shark thing.

I mean, besides the already discussed preposterous nature of the thing itself...

Mhmm. Yep.

"Tune in next time, when Usain Bolt challenges a cheetah1 to a foot race2!"

1.) Not an actual cheetah.
2.) Not an actual race.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 06:47:07 pm »
So, about that Phelps v. Shark thing.

I mean, besides the already discussed preposterous nature of the thing itself...

Mhmm. Yep.

"Tune in next time, when Usain Bolt challenges a cheetah1 to a foot race2!"

2.) Not an actual race.
lol, exactly.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 06:54:11 pm »
lol, exactly.

I would almost feel bad for people that bothered to watch it, except it is really their own fault for even entertaining the idea of such a thing being worth seeing.

In 5 minutes and a couple google searches, we already knew exactly what would happen...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2017, 12:13:21 am »
2.) Not an actual race.

Saddens me. Phelps should have had to risk being eaten for that near a difference.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2017, 01:13:49 pm »
"What do you mean you didn't read the contract? You signed here that you agreed to be covered in chum and swim across this pool. with a shark in it"

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2017, 01:19:51 pm »
"What do you mean you didn't read the contract? You signed here that you agreed to be covered in chum and swim across this pool. with a shark in it"

I think we should already be at the level of Running Man-esque entertainment.  Maybe a few more years...

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 01:21:07 pm »
I've always thought that UFC is just a couple steps away from combat until death.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2017, 11:57:46 am »
My TUC hardcover came in, but I was taking care of our 6 plus 1 cousin last night while my wife was out, so no chance to even think about cracking it.  Maybe over the weekend.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2017, 01:10:20 pm »
Got my hardcover. Amazon packed it poorly and the book arrived with went pages, bent cover, a smashed in corner and accompanying tear in on the spine.

I forget to be grateful sometimes of Subterranean Press. Thanks Emmy, wherever you might be, for packaging my more recent shipment with care, bubble wrap and packing peanuts included.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2017, 01:33:54 pm »
Got my hardcover. Amazon packed it poorly and the book arrived with went pages, bent cover, a smashed in corner and accompanying tear in on the spine.

I forget to be grateful sometimes of Subterranean Press. Thanks Emmy, wherever you might be, for packaging my more recent shipment with care, bubble wrap and packing peanuts included.

Mine was in OK shape, in one of those full wrap around boxes.

My copy of Evil Is a Matter of Perspectives on the other hand literally never arrived at all...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2017, 01:57:22 pm »

My copy of Evil Is a Matter of Perspectives on the other hand literally never arrived at all...

EIAMOP is shipping US Media Mail without tracking numbers - there was just an update where they apologized again for making the wrong call on that. Hopefully you get yours - its a beautiful copy :) . Still several more months to go on the signed ones.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2017, 02:14:25 pm »

EIAMOP is shipping US Media Mail without tracking numbers - there was just an update where they apologized again for making the wrong call on that. Hopefully you get yours - its a beautiful copy :) . Still several more months to go on the signed ones.

Yeah, it's been over a month though.  I know media mail is slow, but I'm not sure it's plausible to take this long unless something happened to them.  Although it's not just me, so where did all these books actually go?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2017, 02:33:51 pm »
I am not a fan of USPS.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2017, 03:23:55 pm »
I am not a fan of USPS.

Nope, certainly not me either.  While on vacation, we ordered something with our Amazon Prime, a pool toy so the kids could use it while we were at my father's house.  It got to the Post Office and they immediately marked it as delivered, despite it being literally impossible for them to drive to the house in the one minute they claim it took, from the time they start delivering to when they marked it as such.

Turned up 2 weeks later, at the house...

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2017, 03:30:52 pm »
Yeah, it's been over a month though.  I know media mail is slow, but I'm not sure it's plausible to take this long unless something happened to them.  Although it's not just me, so where did all these books actually go?

Have not received mine, either.  They supposedly shipped from somewhere in Texas (El Paso?).  I live in Dallas.  They literally could have put it on a donkey and had it delivered by now.  My guess is a landfill somewhere.
No whistling on the slog!