Rallying the fans for the Great Bakker review Ordeal

• 12 Replies

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:44:37 pm »
If you have read TUC, please spare a few moments to rate the book and review it on Amazon and/or Goodreads( even if the review is just a couple of words)  . It really helps Bakker perhaps more than he himself might realize.And reviews convince people to buy these books, more sales makes  TSTSNBN more possible.Most of the reviews for Bakker's books currently are: "The language is too complicated! I stopped at the first chapter. " or " I read the two prologues and nothing happened in them " or " TUC sucks because it isn't out. Shitty book, 1 star for it " The Zaudunyanni presence doesn't exist in Amazon and Goodreads' reviews. And that hurt Bakker's sales.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »
+10000000 to this.  Stars matter a ton in the early going.  So if you have a spare minute, please head over to Amazon/Goodreads and let your voice be heard!

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:00:04 pm »
Red, Madness passed on your command and i have carried out your orders.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 03:15:50 pm »
Thanks, people 8).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

v0id_walker

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 04:22:45 pm »
Also, google play books.
Anyhow, I do understand why ha has "not-that-many" readers, as his books require some IQ, ability fo focus and to think :) Also, som knowledge in the fields of philosophy and cognitive science helps :D

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 05:42:43 pm »
I put a small review in spanish on Goodreads and on Amazon too.
I am making proselytism among my friends IRL and in FB - main problem, they do not usually read in english and we have only a spanish edition of TPN.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:46:34 pm by Woden »
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 05:10:56 pm »
God there are so many 1 star reviews on Amazon. Hope this won't affect the sales too much...
It's funny, it reminds me of Alien Covenant. It had a similar ending (in tone), and many people absolutely hated it, while I of course loved it.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 05:52:29 pm »
It won't affect, if we responded with our own 5 star reviews.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 06:03:35 pm »
Put five fucking stars everywhere, boys. It costs nothing to us.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 08:32:41 pm »
I've put in a small review at amazon.co.uk
Mystery denotes darkness

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 05:36:46 pm »
I've put in a small review at amazon.co.uk
You are a hero!

dharmakirti

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 08:15:19 pm »
I'm really, really bad at writing reviews so I typically end up just rating the books.  The only novel I wrote a "review" for was <i>The Darkness that Comes Before</i> and it was more like something you would use as a blurb on the book and not really a review.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 08:56:53 pm »
I'm really, really bad at writing reviews so I typically end up just rating the books.  The only novel I wrote a "review" for was <i>The Darkness that Comes Before</i> and it was more like something you would use as a blurb on the book and not really a review.
"This is my top favourite series ever." is a good review :) .