Metaphysics and Twin Souls

• 3 Replies

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:35:28 pm »
So I have been giving this some thought for some time, back when I thought Kelmomas could be rehabilitated and help the so-called good guys, but with recent twists, it think it has become even MORE relevant, and not just a figment of my over-active imagination. 

Twin Souls i.e. having more than one person in one person.  How would that affect Cants?  I have a few possibilities:

1.  The extra soul adds inutterals, making Meta Gnostic Cants, or (what?) Ultra Meta Gnostic Cants for someone like Kellhus who can already do Meta Gnostic?
  2.  The extra soul makes his own inutterals, playing off the utterals of the Speaker, but to achieve a different Cant altogether.  Two for the price of one.
  3.  I don't have a third, but lists should have at least three points...so...

Then there are the questions...if Shauriatas IS inside the Mutilated, can the fact that he is one of the Few allow the ones who are not among the Mutilated to use Cants?  Does he make the one(s) who are more powerful, or is his soul a distraction?  Which is more important, the utteral or the inutteral?  One completes the other, but must they BOTH be anchored in the mystery of the Few?  Or as long as there is one, the other can compensate? 

Crack-pot and maybe(probably?) a pointless talk, since it may(will?) not come to pass, but it has been gnawing at me for years, so I would love some fellow Apocalypse Nerds' thoughts on this. ;D
Well, he no talkie good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to 'TELL ME...' and 'WHAT DO YOU SEE?' and, 'WHAT AM I?' Exclusively in that order.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:03:29 pm »
I remember wondering the same thing about Kelmomas/Samarmas given he/they are one of the Few but it seems to be rendered a moot point now. It's an interesting question though, since there's a distinction in this universe between a soul and a mind. I really don't know how it would work.

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:10 pm »
I remember wondering the same thing about Kelmomas/Samarmas given he/they are one of the Few but it seems to be rendered a moot point now. It's an interesting question though, since there's a distinction in this universe between a soul and a mind. I really don't know how it would work.

We don't really know much of anything, do we?  Still fun to swing away in the darkness, and see what shakes out.  That is a mix of metaphors, I am sure(like, 83.5% sure), but I like it, and am therefore using it.
Well, he no talkie good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to 'TELL ME...' and 'WHAT DO YOU SEE?' and, 'WHAT AM I?' Exclusively in that order.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »
  3.  I don't have a third, but lists should have at least three points...so...
I typically go with "and some other third thing" when speaking and I've commited to a list but run out after 2.

Having twin souls, and being as Kelmomas, are not the same. Should Kelmomas have been able to do sorcery with his two distinct intellects, I imagine he'd have been one bad ass mother fucker. 5 inutterals would make Kellhus' 2 look like a lame joke.

One of the other conditions of possibility.