What's your favorite kind of pie?

• 52 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • Blueberry Psūkhe Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2017, 02:35:33 pm »
Aaah, I miss pumpkin pie - I'll have to put in the effort to either track down a gluten-free one or make one myself
Remember to brush before bed

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »
Steak pie - and all kinds of meat pies - have long been things.

On topic, my favorite pie is and always (probably) will be lemon meringue.

Mine too. :)

ThoughtsOfThelli ... maybe add a list of Earwa delicacies to your mission.[/color]

I have the feeling that the TSA equivalent of the Inn at the Crossroads would be fairly disturbing... ;)
Though Bakker doesn't seem to be fond of food descriptions the way George R. R. Martin is in his writing. Deranged Sranc-fueled cannibalism being the exception.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasūrimbor Kayūtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • Do you remember the words?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 03:49:35 pm »
Key lime and lemon are my favorite (as long as they properly make the meringue - its not just heavy whipped cream, should be light, ideally with some proper browning on the top)

Dude, BFK, just make your own whipped cream - its like 2 ingredients, sugar and heavy whipping cream. Tastes way better too.

So after 3 pages we've got

Blueberry - (i don't think Ive ever had a great blueberry pie, but its my favorite fruit so I'd probably like it)
Lemon Meringue
Key Lime
Pumpkin

2 earwa pies

a bunch of savory pies/pizza

several spanish desserts im not familiure with

One of the other conditions of possibility.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • Blueberry Psūkhe Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 06:31:37 pm »
Key lime and lemon are my favorite (as long as they properly make the meringue - its not just heavy whipped cream, should be light, ideally with some proper browning on the top)

Dude, BFK, just make your own whipped cream - its like 2 ingredients, sugar and heavy whipping cream. Tastes way better too.

So after 3 pages we've got

Blueberry - (i don't think Ive ever had a great blueberry pie, but its my favorite fruit so I'd probably like it)
Lemon Meringue
Key Lime
Pumpkin

2 earwa pies

a bunch of savory pies/pizza

several spanish desserts im not familiure with

Pizza being the apparent only common denominator, maybe the absence of Apple is interesting. I started this thread because I see a direct relationship between one's pie of choice and the nature of horror they enjoy.

We should find out Bakker's favorite - anyone know it?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:33:46 pm by TaoHorror »
Remember to brush before bed

NutFlinging-Lorax

• Old Name
  • The Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2017, 07:08:58 pm »

Wilshire "duded" me.....and justifiably so. In my defense, my mom was the hostess, and I'm not going to "high-hat" her at Thanksgiving. Point taken, of course.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »
Oh right - lmao "I brought my own, thanks". Not a trick that would go over well ;) . I consume that which is available of course, but in an ideal situation, that's all.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2017, 08:14:01 pm »
Someone mentioned strawberry rhubarb in thread - probably a tie with key lime for me, lemon being at 2. I like a little sour in the sweet. A little sorrow makes the happiness more poignant.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2017, 09:59:35 pm »
The smell of pumpkin makes me nearly gag.  Seriously.  It's bad.
“I am a warrior of ages, Anasūrimbor . . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury.” -Cet’ingira