What's your favorite kind of pie?

• 52 Replies

TaoHorror

• Great Name
  • Blueberry Psūkhe Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2017, 02:35:33 pm »
Aaah, I miss pumpkin pie - I'll have to put in the effort to either track down a gluten-free one or make one myself
Remember to brush before bed

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Kijneta
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »
Steak pie - and all kinds of meat pies - have long been things.

On topic, my favorite pie is and always (probably) will be lemon meringue.

Mine too. :)

ThoughtsOfThelli ... maybe add a list of Earwa delicacies to your mission.[/color]

I have the feeling that the TSA equivalent of the Inn at the Crossroads would be fairly disturbing... ;)
Though Bakker doesn't seem to be fond of food descriptions the way George R. R. Martin is in his writing. Deranged Sranc-fueled cannibalism being the exception.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Kayūtas (TGO)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • Do you remember the words?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 03:49:35 pm »
Key lime and lemon are my favorite (as long as they properly make the meringue - its not just heavy whipped cream, should be light, ideally with some proper browning on the top)

Dude, BFK, just make your own whipped cream - its like 2 ingredients, sugar and heavy whipping cream. Tastes way better too.

So after 3 pages we've got

Blueberry - (i don't think Ive ever had a great blueberry pie, but its my favorite fruit so I'd probably like it)
Lemon Meringue
Key Lime
Pumpkin

2 earwa pies

a bunch of savory pies/pizza

several spanish desserts im not familiure with

One of the other conditions of possibility.

TaoHorror

• Great Name
  • Blueberry Psūkhe Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 06:31:37 pm »
Key lime and lemon are my favorite (as long as they properly make the meringue - its not just heavy whipped cream, should be light, ideally with some proper browning on the top)

Dude, BFK, just make your own whipped cream - its like 2 ingredients, sugar and heavy whipping cream. Tastes way better too.

So after 3 pages we've got

Blueberry - (i don't think Ive ever had a great blueberry pie, but its my favorite fruit so I'd probably like it)
Lemon Meringue
Key Lime
Pumpkin

2 earwa pies

a bunch of savory pies/pizza

several spanish desserts im not familiure with

Pizza being the apparent only common denominator, maybe the absence of Apple is interesting. I started this thread because I see a direct relationship between one's pie of choice and the nature of horror they enjoy.

We should find out Bakker's favorite - anyone know it?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:33:46 pm by TaoHorror »
Remember to brush before bed

BeardFisher-King

• Kijneta
  • The Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2017, 07:08:58 pm »

Wilshire "duded" me.....and justifiably so. In my defense, my mom was the hostess, and I'm not going to "high-hat" her at Thanksgiving. Point taken, of course.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »
Oh right - lmao "I brought my own, thanks". Not a trick that would go over well ;) . I consume that which is available of course, but in an ideal situation, that's all.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2017, 08:14:01 pm »
Someone mentioned strawberry rhubarb in thread - probably a tie with key lime for me, lemon being at 2. I like a little sour in the sweet. A little sorrow makes the happiness more poignant.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2017, 09:59:35 pm »
The smell of pumpkin makes me nearly gag.  Seriously.  It's bad.
“I am a warrior of ages, Anasūrimbor . . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury.” -Cet’ingira